Natural Resources Crew SupervisorSan Rafael CA
Conservation Corps North Bay
Develop youth and conserve natural resources for a strong, sustainable community
Lead a crew of young adults in successfully completing natural resource projects like habitat restoration, fire fuel reduction, creek maintenance/restoration, and trail building
Maintain safety and equipment
Facilitate personal and professional development
Train tool use, teamwork, leadership skills, work place communication
Document performance and learning accomplishments
Work to resolve behavior and personnel issues
Maintain quality and productivity to meet the expectations of CCNB and partners
Document project accomplishments and conduct evaluations
These represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Experience successfully supervising and motivating young adults from diverse backgrounds and mediating conflict
• Sufficient mastery of power tools (chainsaw, hedge trimmer, brush cutter) to teach their use
• Construction proficiency (fences, bridges, trails, stairways, retaining walls, boardwalks)
• Related licenses and certifications highly desirable (arborist, landscape contractor, Wildfire Incident Qualification Card, herbicide applicator)
• Proficiency in Toolcat operation, trail building and maintenance, stream maintenance, habitat restoration, flood response, fuels reduction, construction, right-of-way maintenance, vegetation removal
• Experience operating trucks and trailers
• Ability to do strenuous work in adverse weather
• Current Standard First Aid /CPR
• Clean DMV record; ability to earn California Class B driver's license; pass CCNB's driving exam
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Two years college education or vocational training in natural resource management, environmental studies or related
• Two years supervising-- youth development, project management and natural resource projects
• Community volunteer experience
These represent requirements to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Works outdoors around equipment and machinery, walking on uneven ground and steep hillsides, exposure to excessive noise, fumes and temperature extremes. May be expected to lift/move objects up to 75 lbs, and carry objects at least ½ mile. Frequently use special visual and auditory protective equipment. Required to walk and stand; sit and bend; squat and climb; kneel and twist; talk and hear. Uses hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; reaches with hands and arms, uses hands to perform simple and power grasping, and fine manipulation; to push and pull.
Hourly, non-exempt, eligible for full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Chiropractic/Acupuncture, 401(K) retirement, Vacation, Holiday, Sick pay). Starts at $17-$20/hour depending on experience/certifications
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Include “NRC Supervisor” in subject line.
Conservation Corps North Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer