Community Recycling Assistant Crew SupervisorNovato CA
Conservation Corps North Bay operates an extensive recycling collection program that is vital to agencies that manage Marin and Sonoma county parks, businesses and schools. Over 300,000 pounds of beverage containers and paper is collected each year from over 844 collection points around the North Bay. CCNB’s corpsmembers also conduct outreach and education to thousands of students, businesses, and community volunteers about recycling and environmental stewardship.
The Community Recycling Crew (CRC) Assistant Crew Supervisor is responsible for completing all daily tasks associated with recycle collections and education. Duties include driving set routes, collecting recycling at events, and supervising outreach and education crews throughout the North Bay. Assistant Crew Supervisors supervise corpsmembers when on route; collect and sort recycled materials; clean, build, and repair bins; inspect recycling sites, vehicles and other equipment; collect route and recycle bin information; and report route problems to the CRC Supervisor. The CRC Assistant Crew Supervisors help develop corpsmembers to ensure they exhibit professional behavior and conduct safe work practices, documenting and reporting behavior issues to the CRC Supervisor. This position may supervise up to twelve corpsmembers at large events where recycling collection services or community outreach is being provided by CCNB. S/he will also supervise corpsmembers in projects related to the collection or community outreach of e-waste, tires, and oil in Marin and/or Sonoma County. Some of these events will require the Assistant Crew Supervisors to work weekend days. The Assistant Crew Supervisors reports to the CRC Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED and two years of comparable work experience.
- Evidence of progressive responsibility and working independently in previous job positions.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to be reliable and punctual.
- First Aid/CPR certification within 2 months of hire.
- Class B, California Driver License with passenger endorsement within 2 months of hire.
- Class C, California Driver License with one point or less on DMV record.
- Flexibility to limit vacation time during program’s busy period (May 1st - October 31st).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The Community Recycling Crew Staff Driver position is a seasonal, hourly, non-exempt position. There are no benefits associated with this position.
Hourly range for this position starts at $15 per hour.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Assistant Crew Supervisor – Seasonal “in the subject line.