Aquion Energy is producing a revolutionary battery based on novel ambient-temperature hybridion technology. The Aquion solution offers an advantaged value proposition in nearly all stationary storage use cases; beyond minimized materials and manufacturing costs, the core technology has exceptionally long life, is safe and is environmentally benign. This position offers an unrivaled opportunity to join a well- funded clean technology start-up at a very exciting stage in its development.
The Battery Scientist will work under the direction of Director of R&D to develop new materials employed in energy storage devices. The Battery Scientist will oversee synthesizing/utilizing novel materials (including electrolytes) for battery applications. Expected duties include but are not limited to materials synthesis R&D, electrochemical battery system design, new battery structure design, support future materials scale-up production. The Battery Scientist will cooperate closely with other team members to make progress on next-generation energy storage devices.
Essential Job Functions:
• Examine new materials employed in various energy storage devices
• Define protocols and SOPs for electrolyte R&D and production purposes
• Extensive knowledge in electrochemical reactions
• Capability to design experiments and test battery materials
• Capability to collect, evaluate, and present data from equipment
• Capability to identify/troubleshoot the root causes when batteries fail
• Capability to follow safety procedures in the lab/factory
• Expertise on materials synthesis/modification/purification
• Five years or more experience preferred on battery materials R&D
• Advanced degree in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrochemical Engineering, or equivalent
• Chemistry lab experience
• Familiar with electrochemical cell mechanisms (Li-ion battery/supercapacitor/other batteries)
• Capability to meet OSHA standards for manual lifting guidelines: < 50 lbs.
• Experience with chemical lab safety training
• Experience with three-electrode cell and electrochemical cell tests is a plus
• Experience with Li-ion batteries/supercapacitors R&D is a plus
Minimum travel is required. Domestic and International Travel to suppliers and manufacture plant oversea, trade shows and other sites will be required on a variable basis.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention the title “Battery Scientist” in the subject line.