Education & Volunteer Programming CoordinatorBoston MA
Are you an educator/environmentalist who wants to engage the next generation? Then join our team of committed park advocates. We are currently looking for an energetic and inspiring Education & Volunteer Programming Coordinator who can both engage volunteers in forest restoration, park maintenance and environmental educations, and manage motivated youth groups (our teen Youth Leadership and Green Team Programs and our Canopy Classroom for elementary students) all in support of the historic Emerald Necklace park system designed by Frederick Law Olmsted.
Reporting to the Field Operations Manager, you will develop and implement a comprehensive outreach/recruitment program to enroll, lead, and retain active volunteers, including business institutions, civic organizations, scouts, and school groups.
Reporting to the Director of Education, you will also be charged with coordinating, leading and managing our daily Green Team summer youth program, and our fall/winter Youth Leadership Program activities geared at 15-18 year old participants.
The successful Education & Volunteer Programming Coordinator will demonstrate an ability both to work effectively with youth and adults and use strong volunteer management and administrative skills in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- 2 years of experience successfully leading/teaching teens and/or elementary-school age children
- 1-2 years of experience creating lesson plans
- College degree (education, forestry, ecology, environmental science, landscape design, outdoor leadership, or related field)
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certification
- Driver’s license and must be able to drive a 12- and 15-passenger van
- Clear Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and Sexual Offender Registry Information (SORI) record
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook