California conservation and education nonprofit based in Yolo County seeking an Executive Assistant.
Experience and Qualities Sought
The ideal candidate will have a love of outdoor recreation, an appreciation of wildlife and the importance of public access to public lands. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are required for substantial interaction with the public, funders, agencies, conservation groups, and other staff. We seek a “problem solver” with the ability to organize and prioritize the daily workload in a quickly changing environment. Full charge bookkeeping experience required. Experience required with the full Microsoft suite and social media platforms. Experience in a similar position is required. Fluency in Spanish and experience in website design, and grant-writing is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Correspondence: write email blasts, manage Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn posts, respond to emails; process mail; answer phones
• Create and maintain office-wide filing systems and provide general administrative support
• Full charge bookkeeping: process bills and expense reports, checks, bank deposits, and coordinate with accountants
• Purchase and maintain all supplies, coordinate with vendors and maintain office space
• Seek grant and fundraising opportunities, write grants and assist other staff with the same
• Oversee Big Day of Giving (each May) and Giving Tuesday (each December)
• Write and prepare thank you cards to donors
• Assist with social media and outreach
• Assist in the development of on-line funding appeals, newsletters and press releases
• Assist with scheduling appointments and travel arrangements
• Creatively collaborate to reach underserved communities in the region
• Assist with planning and execution and attend Tuleyome events
• Collect data and write month-end reports
• Other duties may be assigned as needed
Regular office hours are required. Compensation depends on experience and is competitive for similar positions and organizations. We are an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment that our work force and leadership reflect the diversity the area.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2019.