At MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgenservices.com/) our Mission is to be the Industry Leader in providing Safe, Professional, and Reliable Operations & Maintenance Services to our Nation’s Clean Energy Infrastructure.
Our company has a nationwide footprint and provides central operations and field maintenance services to hundreds of asset owners in the United States. MaxGen currently manages some of the largest operating solar fleets in the country and has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance.
MaxGen also has significant experience with the development, design, installation, and maintenance of electric vehicle service equipment (EVSE) and battery energy storage systems (BESS). As an OEM service provider to many manufacturers, MaxGen has amassed industry-leading experience with EVSE and BESS installations.
This combined experience and expertise brings our customers unparalleled service, asset performance, and strong partnership in the long-term care and operation of their energy asset portfolios
We are looking for highly skilled technicians interested in the field of renewable energy, specifically photovoltaic systems, electric vehicle charging stations and energy storage systems. Applicant should be able to deliver high quality, consistent and competent work in electrical construction in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures. Including, but not limited to full system installation, commissioning, maintenance, system performance evaluation and troubleshooting. Additionally, a strong understanding of the fundamentals of electricity and sound troubleshooting skills are required.
• To support the overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
• To ensure all that all work scope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel or environment
• To be adaptive to performing and crafting other trade work to facilitate electrical work installation.
The following responsibilities are not limited to:
• Review project plans, specifications & installation instructions to ensure that the project is built according to the approved design and specifications
• In field work including leading crew members to complete projects within established policies and procedures
• Conduct site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on job-site, lead daily safety meetings, properly fill out JHA & LOTO documentation.
• Ensure that workers and operators are always working in a safe manner
• Responsible for quality assurance for all work performed by the crew
• Must be able to react and remedy production related issues as they arise in the field
• Communicate with internal and external customers as required
• Other duties as assigned
• Commission PV systems, including but not limited to; insulation testing (megger testing), I-V curve testing, thermal imagery, torque tests and performance evaluations.
• Troubleshoot PV system performance issues and locate & isolate ground faults.
• Generate service specific reports using Microsoft word and excel to present to the customer as a professional document.
• Perform OEM testing, troubleshooting, repairs and upgrades/ revisions to a broad range of equipment in the renewable industry.
Education and Experience
• A minimum of 2 yrs. experience in construction of commercial or industrial electrical systems
• Possess a current Electrician State Certification
• OSHA 30 training
• Knowledge of electrical code and OSHA regulations
• Ability to work independently and lead small crews
• Ability to motivate crews through teamwork and solid communication skills
• Focused on efficiency and removing labor hours from tasks or projects
• Knowledgeable in all MS applications: Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
• Working knowledge of local building codes
• Willing to travel on short notice
Skills and Experience
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members
• Demonstrable commitment to safety
• Flexibility, able to adapt and comply with Company/Client requirements.
• Ability to work with, interact with other disciplines
• Confident, ability to work on own initiative and resourcefulness to complete all assigned tasks
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Has a desire to learn and develop within the role
25% of travel required
Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain & snow.
Job requires employee to have required personal tools with them at all times.
Perform work at various heights up to 50’, working from ladders, bucket trucks, scaffolding, catwalks, aerial lifts or other safe working platforms.
Work in restricted areas like trenches or switchgear rooms and infrequently like manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attic spaces, etc...
Wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including hard hat and safety glasses at all times.
Each job site may be different, and must be accessed individually.
Repetitive use of legs, arms, hands and fingers
Able to work 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, overtime and night shifts as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities