The City of Billings Parks, Recreation & Public Lands is seeking a Superintendent of Parks, Urban Forestry, and Natural Resources to direct, manage, supervise, plan and coordinate the programs, activities and operations of the Parks and Urban Forestry/Natural Resources Divisions; to coordinate assigned activities with other City departments, divisions, outside agencies and the general public; and to provide highly responsible and complex administrative support the PRPL Director.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: select, train, motivate and evaluate assigned personnel, inspect and verify work in progress and completed work of employees and contractors; manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, polices and budget for the Parks, Urban Forestry, and Natural Resources Division.
Typical Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., work schedule could vary based on operational needs.
Starting Salary Range: $62,078 - $71,821/annually DOE, plus excellent benefits. Current annual wage tops out at $83,138.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Parks and Recreation Management, Horticulture, Natural Resources or a related field
• Two or more years of management and supervisory experience in parks, urban forestry or natural resources operations and maintenance
• Certification as a Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) and Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) through the National Recreation and Parks Association is required within the first year of employment
• Certification as a Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) through the National Recreation and Parks Association is desired
• Strong interpersonal skills is required
• City of Billings job application
• Cover letter
All positions are subject to a pre-employment drug test.
The application and supporting documents can be submitted online at www.ci.billings.mt.us or to City of Billings, Human Resources, 210 N. 27th Street, Billings, MT 59101. Incomplete applications or applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications may not be considered for the position. EOE.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED IN HUMAN RESOURCES BY 5:00 P.M. ON FRIDAY, JULY 28, 2017.