Mohonk Preserve, New York State's largest member & visitor supported nature preserve, is seeking a senior level manager with Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years' experience in land acquisition and stewardship for the full time position of Director of Land Protection & Environmental Stewardship.
Mohonk Preserve, located in Ulster County, NY is a non-profit organization whose mission is to protect the Shawangunk Mountains region and inspire people to care for, enjoy, and explore their natural world. We are responsible for managing and protecting over 8,000 acres of a unique, world-class ecosystem and National Historic Landmark landscape.
The Director will:
- oversee land acquisition projects;
- oversee regular planning, operations, maintenance and monitoring of Preserve boundaries and conservation easements in accordance with Land Trust Alliance standards and practices;
- review and manage the Preserve's compliance with best standards required to continue its Land Trust Alliance (LTA) Accreditation;
- oversee applied management and stewardship of the land;
- oversee and update the Preserve's Land Management Plan and other applied natural resource management initiatives.
Experience in field mapping, GIS/GPS, land surveying, planning. Supervisory, communication/presentation & superior computer & database skills required.
For details: http://www.mohonkpreserve.org/jobs-fellowships-and-internships
Send hard copy cover letter & resume before July 28 to: Vice President/CFO, Mohonk Preserve, PO Box 715, New Paltz, NY 12561
Applications in Adobe PDF only will be accepted via email to: email@example.com