Chattahoochee Riverkeeper (CRK) is a non-profit membership organization whose mission is to advocate and secure the protection and stewardship of the Chattahoochee River, including its lakes, tributaries and watershed, in order to restore and conserve their ecological health for the people and wildlife that depend on the river system. This mission is accomplished through programs in advocacy, monitoring, education, community outreach, policy reform, and legal action.
CRK is seeking a highly motivated, professional, organized, and creative individual, with education and work experience relating to either outreach and communications, fundraising, environmental health/advocacy, and/or biology, for an opportunity to serve as its Headwaters Outreach Coordinator in CRK’s Gainesville office. The Headwaters Outreach Coordinator will be directly supervised by the Headwaters Manager, and will work closely with the Development, Director, Communications and Marketing Manager, and other CRK staff.
Headwaters Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for the following duties:
• Market and communicate CRK’s headwaters region efforts using internal and external sources
• Plan and lead CRK outings and events (festivals, cleanups, paddle trips, hikes, etc.)
• Manage budgets, spending and reports associated with CRK events
• Attend non-CRK events (festivals, parades, open houses, etc.) to promote our organization and mission, many which occur during nights and weekends
• Recruit, engage and manage volunteers and interns
• Assist with managing CRK’s Neighborhood Water Watch program
• Conduct water quality monitoring education
• Assist with fundraising initiatives including grant writing and reporting working alongside fundraising staff
• Assist with database management and office upkeep
NECESSARY AND PREFERRED SKILLS:
• 3+ years of experience in an environment-related field or non-profit organization
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational, public speaking, decision-making, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to think strategically and open-mindedly, and create and accept change when necessary
• Ability to develop supportive partnerships with donors and other partners
• Proficiency at Microsoft Office, donor databases, and social media platforms
• Ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines with measurable results
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team of diverse individuals
• Background in water quality, environmental science, or related field.
• Demonstrated track record in raising funds
Salary: Commensurate with experience plus benefits package including medical, dental, paid time off, 403(b), and more.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or mail to Chattahoochee Riverkeeper, Attn: Dale Caldwell, 104 Washington St. SE, Gainesville, GA 30501.
Chattahoochee Riverkeeper is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation.