The Natural Resources Program Coordinator will assist in the development of Prairie Rivers of Iowa’s outdoor education efforts and natural resource projects. This position will work with a diverse group of property and business owners, farmers, environmental groups, agricultural groups, teachers, university professors, government agency personnel, community leaders and others to promote connections with Iowa’s natural resources. Successful applicants should be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills, knowledge of environmental education and the ability to organize people around natural resource projects.
The following duties shall be performed by the Natural Resources Program Coordinator:
1. Plan and conduct a statewide outdoor learning environments project with key partners to improve outdoor learning opportunities in Iowa.
2. Develop and maintain natural resource education resources, including information on the Prairie Rivers of Iowa website, develop appropriate materials, lessons, activities, etc. that will enhance the organization's mission, help develop a stewardship ethic of our natural and historic resources, and encourage a healthy and enjoyable outdoor lifestyle.
3. Ability to write winning grants and solicit support from various identified partners.
4. Oversee and implement grant projects including budgets and filing reports.
5. Assist in maintaining Prairie Rivers of Iowa website and all Facebook pages relevant to the position.
6. Maintain project files with complete documentation.
7. Perform duties as determined by the Director as necessary.
• A four-year degree from an accredited university or college in natural sciences, environmental studies, environmental education, science education or related fields
• Minimum 4 to 6 years work experience
• Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work in teams or groups
• Ability to listen and solve problems at the community level
• Self-motivated, well organized, and interested in creating and carrying out a vision for natural science education
• Preferred fundraising experience and developing sponsorships
• Grant writing a plus
• Possess a valid driver's license and the ability to attend evening and weekend meetings
• Able to understand and support technology, such as social media and website
• Competent word processing, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Prairie Rivers of Iowa does not discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or political beliefs in carrying out duties associated with the position.
Time Commitment and Compensation
This is a full-time position available immediately. Starting salary range for this position is $30,000 to $33,000 and benefits including sick and vacation time. Position will be open until filled.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to:
Penny Brown Huber
Executive Director Email: email@example.com