Job Opening ID: 311
Number of Positions: 5
For more than 30 years, Cenergistic has developed energy conservation programs for clients in every region and climate, in single buildings or multiple locations, and with every energy challenge imaginable. Cenergistic® is a technology-powered, data-driven energy conservation company. Established in 1986, Cenergistic has helped organizations across the country reduce consumption of electricity, natural gas, fuel oil and water. Its proven approach is built on a proprietary methodology which optimizes clients’ infrastructure, improves internal processes and changes behavior to ensure that savings endure. This approach empowers the average client to save 20 – 30% off expected utility bills. Cenergistic received the 2017 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Award Winner for Service and Product Provider - Sustained Excellence. Cenergistic has Nine Consecutive Years of National ENERGY STAR Recognition.
The Cenergistic Energy Specialist serves as the “face” of Cenergistic’s energy conservation program and will work to establish accountability for energy consumption for Fort Bend Independent School District. Energy Specialists are responsible for developing and driving the District's energy conservation program.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE QUESTIONNAIRE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POSTING ON THE CENERGISTIC WEBSITE AND ATTACH IT ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER. COMPLETED PRE-INTERVIEW QUESTIONNAIRE IS REQUIRED
Cenergistic is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Cenergistic, visit www.cenergistic.com.
Energy Specialists are hired, trained and employed by Cenergistic. Training includes on-site training, national training conferences and online e-learning courses.
The Cenergistic Energy Specialist's two primary duties will be to spend time identifying energy savings opportunities and working with the District's personnel executing energy conservation implementation strategies. To ensure overall program accountability and positive results, the Cenergistic Energy Specialist will use a software program to manage and analyze utility bill data and energy consumption information related to energy use in the District’s facilities and areas. The Energy Specialist will identify how energy is being used and will leverage their communication skills to encourage change within the District. The Energy Specialist is the primary liaison between Cenergistic and the District.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Advise, assist and make recommendations to the Chief Administrator and leadership on consumption and general energy conservation measures.
• Manage and maintain all utility consumption records and data, keeping records up to date in a timely manner. Regularly track and analyze data.
• In addition to accountability to Cenergistic’s Energy Consultants, the Cenergistic Energy Specialist will be accountable to the Client’s Program Liaison and will meet with that person at least once monthly in order to report the status of the client’s energy program.
• Coordinate with internal and external Public Relations groups to utilize all media and communication opportunities that promote the Organization’s energy management program successes.
• Report quarterly to the Board or Governing body on status and success of the energy program.
• Provide regular communication with leadership and custodial staffs.
• Report to the Program Liaison any safety hazards observed.
• Coordinate with the maintenance director the repairs of energy management systems (EMS) and effectively communicate with Client staff to promptly address any comfort issues.
• Complete weekly report comparing your performance to the implementation plan.
• Represent Cenergistic in the highest professional manner to the Organization.
Credentials and Experience:
1. Graduation from an accredited College or University with a Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years’ work experience
2. Or Graduation from a standard senior high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma with six (6) years’ work experience
3. Certification in the following fields considered a plus
a. CEM – Certified Energy Manager
b. CMVP – Certified Measurement and Verification Professional
c. PMP – Project Management Professional
• Administration and record keeping
• Accountability, reporting, program implementation
• Data and trend analysis
• Coordinating meetings, creating agendas and documenting minutes
• Promoting Client involvement and engagement
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office with heavy emphasize in Excel. Accurate data entry.
• Be coached and trained in the Cenergistic program model
• Commit to irregular hours (nights, weekends, early mornings, holidays and summer)
• Read manuals and follows steps to program equipment
• Read and analyze utility bills
• Analyze and interpret technical data and communicate it to non technical individuals
• Meet deadlines
• Work independently in an efficient and organized manner
• Exercise good judgment in implementation of policy
• Maintain favorable public relations in a professional manner as a Cenergistic employee
• Leverage communication skills to encourage change
• Conduct presentations to large or small groups
• Communicate in a positive and encouraging manner as a Cenergistic employee
• Use a large measure of diplomacy, negotiation and leadership skills
• Use good judgment
• Organize multiple tasks in an efficient manner and prioritize duties
• Communicate effectively in public speaking engagements as required
For a full description and to apply: www.cenergistic.com/careers