The Invasive Species Program Manager is responsible for fulfilling the program mission and providing the support and leadership in invasive species programming and management for Long Island and NYC Region. The position requires related duties of business administration, outreach, education, management, and volunteer coordination, as well as building and maintaining relationships in the professional invasive species community.
This position requires sufficient invasive species, conservation and natural resource management work experience in order to perform the following functions:
● Coordinate the planning and direction of a comprehensive and integrated invasive species prevention and management program.
● Implement property access, permitting, and environmental impact assessments for projects.
● Coordinate and present programming on invasive species, identification, and best management practices
● Administer the LIISMA budget which includes budget development, adherence, and implementation, contract negotiations and establishment with vendors, and assisting with grant tracking, bookkeeping, monthly invoicing, supply procurement, and meeting fundraising targets.
● Supervise the LIISMA Educator Coordinator and seasonal interns.
● Network with diverse groups, including landowners, conservation partners, government officials, donors, board members and the general public to recruit support for LIISMA/ Long Island Native Plant Initiative.
● Ensure program compliance with internal policies, governmental and contract requirements.
● Under minimal supervision, make independent decisions based on analysis, experience and judgment.
● Work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.
● Lead and supervise work groups consisting of staff, interns, and volunteers covering a wide geographic area.
● Conduct outreach meetings with partner groups, communities, and citizens on invasive species and conservation priorities.
● Coordinate volunteer programming.
● Develop best management practices for invasive species prevention, management and restoration.
● BA or BS in ecology, natural resource management, or related field
● 2 years of experience in natural resource management.
● Excellent communication skills via written, spoken and graphical means.
● Experience communicating with the public and/or media both in writing and verbally.
● Experience using applications such as MS Suite, GIS, GPS, Social Media, Google Applications, and Constant Contact.
● Knowledge of invasive and native species of the Northeast
● Experience with project management
Visit www.linpi.org for more information.
Send a cover letter, resume, and three references in one file to email@example.com. The file name must have your name (ie. Jane_Doe_Resume.PDF). Please type “LIISMA Manager Position” in the subject heading.