SEEDS is Hiring a Youth Conservation Corps Team Leader!
This position will work as part of the SEEDS Youth Conservation Corps in Grand Traverse, Antrim and Manistee, Lake, Keeweenaw and Benzie Counties. Crews are comprised of a diverse array of young adults, ages 16-24. Crews will complete green collar work projects throughout Northwest Michigan including land stewardship, community development, energy conservation and more. The Team Leader position requires individuals who are skilled problem-solvers, experienced leaders and positive role models.
● Two to three years experience working with at-risk youth development and/or youth experiential programming;
● Ability to take direction with minimal direct oversight;
● Excellent work ethic and habits with strong capability to stay organized;
● Responsible, balanced personality;
● Demonstrable ecological literacy and familiarity with Leave No Trace principles;
● First Aid and/or Lifeguard Certifications;
● Creativity, patience, and good humor;
● Established team oriented collaboration skills;
● Conservation, construction or landscaping experience;
● Excellent organizational and risk management skills.
A normal crew is comprised of a Team Leader and three to five corpsmembers all working together to complete conservation work projects and community development projects. The leaders will be responsible for creating a valuable experience for the Youth Corpsmembers facilitating environmental education, life skills, transferable work skills, and safe, positive work environment. Team Leaders will be responsible for performing quality work deliverables, in a timely fashion on diverse projects sites. Team Leaders must possess a strong work ethic, promote high quality work performance in their crew, and have a desire to devote themselves to field-based work and youth development. Position requires both supervisory and technical aptitude, in addition to a high level of comfort in the outdoors. Position also requires the ability to effectively balance the needs of our clients with the needs of our youth members. Team Leaders must both have the capacity to perform projects in challenging physical situations and ability to motivate others.
Individual must possess this knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and possess the necessary physical requirements, with or without aid of mechanical devices, to perform safely the essential functions of the job.
Send Resume and Cover Letter To:
SEEDS – attn. Youth Corps
PO Box 2454
Traverse City, MI 49685