The Natural Garden, an ecological landscaping, native plant nursery, and habitat restoration company, is seeking an experienced, hard-working designer-project manager to join our team.
We are a company that values respect, integrity, accountability and collaboration. We seek to foster strong relationships among team members and create a culture where everyone feels valued and connected.
Job Responsibilities: Landscape Design
- Manage design projects from start to completion: from initial client contact through follow-up service and maintenance.
- Meet with interested customers, develop design and installation estimates, and present estimates to clients.
- Survey sites & design innovative projects with plants native to the Shenandoah Valley.
- Use plans, photographs, writing, and sketches to communicate designs to clients.
- Learn The Natural Garden’s design principles and ethos while bringing new solutions for ecological design.
- Work seasonal schedules to meet deadlines as needed: 37-42 hours a week winter, 42-48 hours spring through fall.
Job Responsibilities: Field Manager
- Collaborate with other designers to manage schedules and create successful projects.
- Managing field crew, project budget, project reporting, all project timeframes, procurement, organization, and client communication.
- Training, scheduling, helping them work to pace, ensuring high quality techniques and practices, setting a tone for positive attitudes, and being able to address any problems in a direct, but tactful way.
- Apply completed design to layout on site and lead planting projects.
- Provide positive leadership and goal-setting for the field team.
- Do mild to intense physical labor while delivering high value projects.
Competencies & Experience Required:
- 3-5+ years of experience in native plant landscape design and/or landscape installation management with crew leadership experience. A person with 2 years of experience may be considered if they are able to meet our performance requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of sustainable landscaping and growing practices, landscape maintenance, native plants and their cultural requirements.
- Artistic ability to hand draft and render designs.
- Thorough understanding of landscape construction and experience with project estimates.
- Ability to perform vigorous physical activity, lifting, raking, shoveling, and kneeling.
- Be proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint and familiarity with Adobe Design Suite.
Candidates interested in this position should provide a resume, portfolio, three relevant work references, and request an application by contacting Maya Hawthorn: firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more go to www.thenaturalgarden.net or visit The Natural Garden on Facebook.