The position of Program Coordinator will be employed by Coastal Carolina Riverwatch (CCRW) to work in the areas of the Crystal Coast Waterkeeper (CCWK) and White Oak-New Riverkeeper Alliance (WONRA) programs, both located in eastern North Carolina. The Program Coordinator will take direction from the Crystal Coast Waterkeeper and be employed by and report to the Coastal Carolina Riverwatch Board of Directors.
This is a salaried position based upon a forty-hour work week with the expectation that the position will, at times, require greater than forty hours. No overtime compensation will be provided. At this time, there are no health care or other benefits available.
Candidate will hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Biology or other related degree as approved by the Coastal Carolina Riverwatch Board of Directors. Some experience in field operations is also desired. Position will be located in the Crystal Coast Waterkeeper office located at 700 Arendell Street, Suite #2, Morehead City, NC. Some in-state and out-of-state travel will be required, some possibly overnight.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the development of fundraising and event opportunities
• Assist in developing a volunteer cadre
• Become knowledgeable of the CAFO Campaigns operating in both watersheds
• Assist Staff and Board of Directors as needed in all aspects of scope of operations
• Develop and look for funding to expand the current scope of operations
• Assist, perform and oversee in-the-field sampling and monitoring
• Engage the general public to educate them on the issues impacting clean water
• Identify, propose and provide assistance in writing grant proposals for current and new programs
• Assist in engaging the communities, citizens, businesses and visitors served on issues impacting the watersheds.
• Respond, as appropriate, to citizen complaints or notifications of potential threats to the watersheds
• Keep accurate records of all activities and submit monthly reports as identified
• Maintain a professional attitude and appearance
• Possess excellent oral and written communications
• Be able to operate small power boat(s), kayaks, canoes and other equipment as necessary
• Possess a valid NC Driver’s License
• Maintain the ability to lift 50 pounds
• Demonstrate the ability to work with limited supervision
• Attend Board of Directors meetings as requested by the CCRW Board of Directors
• Attend other organizational meetings as requested
• Other duties as deemed appropriate
Please send resume and cover letter in confidence to Larry Baldwin, Crystal Coast Waterkeeper via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Printed copies can be mailed to Crystal Coast Waterkeeper, 700 Arendell Street, Suite #2, Morehead City, NC 28557. No phone calls, please. Closing date, May 25th
Please mention how you learned of this opening.