Project Development Coordinator for Urban Field StationNew York NY
NYC Parks cares for 14% of the land in New York City. The New York City Urban Field Station (NYC UFS), is an urban land management, ecology, stewardship, and conservation research hub and network. The Urban Field Station is a partnership of NYC Parks, the US Forest Service and the Natural Areas Conservancy.
- Under the direction of the Co-Director of the New York City Urban Field Station, advance the goals and objectives of the New York City Urban Field Station.
- Manage administrative tasks related to facilities management, including budget, purchasing, building maintenance and communications.
- Oversee the schedule for use of the Urban Field Station’s lab, maintain equipment, implement and enforce safety protocols, and assist in preparing soil, plant and water samples for analysis..
- Manage resident services for all visiting researchers, artists, scholars, land managers and other guests.
- Coordinate communications, outreach and events including the Science of the Living City program.
- Assist the Directors in developing and managing the Field Station’s Research Coordination Framework.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
- High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in "1" above.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required for all other candidates.
- Experience with research and research institutions.
- Excellent communication, writing, organizational analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, Adobe, Outlook, and basic GIS.
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Valid New York State driver license.
Salary: $50,362 - $78,177 plus excellent benefits
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID#: 347399
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
References will be required upon request.