The Nature Conservancy
Finger Lakes Water Quality Specialist, NY Division
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the New York State team. We are working to protect clean water, preserve and restore critical habitats, and ensure resilient, healthy coastal communities for people and nature. This position will work with partners to advance watershed-wide efforts to improve water quality for Owasco and Skaneateles Lakes.
We are looking for a proven leader and problem solver with excellent people skills to help develop and implement strategies related to source-water protection, build innovative watershed-wide water quality improvement plans, and implement the highest priority strategies and projects in the eastern Finger Lakes. We appreciate collaborative approaches and encourage innovative ideas and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
- BA/BS, environmental, social science or community planning degree and 5 years’ experience in science, conservation practice or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience developing and building partnerships and relationships (community, government, academia).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; adept at explaining conservation concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects.
- Experience using applications such as Microsoft Office suite.
If you have a personal passion for conserving and protecting the natural world with a belief in the mission, principles, and values of The Nature Conservancy’s approach to conservation, and want to receive great benefits, then please visit http://www.nature.org/careers to learn more. Submit your cover letter and resume for position number 46559 by 11:59 pm ET on June 26, 2018. The location for this position is flexible within the Finger Lakes or Central NY region.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.