LOCATION: McLane Center, Concord, NH
HOURS: Flexible; Four days 9:00 am – 4:30 pm (plus an additional one hour total per week); one hour unpaid lunch. Additional hours may be required as necessary.
SCHEDULE: 28 hours per week, part-time, non-exempt (hourly paid) staff position. Schedule may vary according to needs.
DESCRIPTION: This position will support the mission of New Hampshire Audubon: to protect New Hampshire’s natural environment for wildlife and for people by working with the general public, members, and donors to increase long term financial viability of NH Audubon.
LEADERSHIP: Reports to the Director of Membership & Development
ESSENTIAL WORK FUNCTIONS:
· Direct and oversee the development and implementation of assigned fund raising programs.
· Develop and maintain a portfolio of 50 mid-range prospects consisting of corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
· Cultivate and solicit gifts from prospects and meet assigned fundraising goals.
· Plan and implement selected donor stewardship events for major donors in order to keep them informed of our activities and gather feedback with the goal of increasing financial support. These will include but are not limited to:
o Working with volunteer committees, obtaining corporate sponsors, and collaborating with staff and volunteers to plan and implement events that will build a base of supporters, including the cultivation and stewardship of existing supporters with the end-goal of increasing revenue.
o Receptions, dinners, outings, and house parties with Director of M&D, NHA President, biologists, and/or other staff and/or trustees;
· Manage and facilitate donor relations in and around specific geographies within New Hampshire. Focus on specific geographies, as assigned, including but not limited to:
o Newfound Lake region with the purpose of increasing revenue to support NHA’s Newfound Lake programs and facilities.
o Seacoast region to grow and enhance donor base around birding outings and Seacoast Chapter members.
· In collaboration with Environmental Education Director, develop a plan and implement strategies to raise operation revenues and program support for Environmental Education state-wide.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The McLane Center is an active visitor and education center with an open concept building design. As such, there will be times of elevated noise and distractions. In-state travel, as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Three years of experience required in non-profit focusing on fund development and donor management; successful track record of frontline fundraising securing major donor and corporate support. Event administration experience preferred with demonstrated ability to make independent and coordinated decisions. Self-motivated, reliable, goal-driven, detail-oriented individual with the ability to see what needs to be done and the initiative to seek out ways to assist NHA. Awareness of the unique structure and function of a non-profit organization. Team-player with willingness to learn. Familiarity with NH Audubon is a plus. Valid Driver’s License.
Skills, Traits and Characteristics Necessary for Success: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing, proof reading and speaking. Must have management skills with the ability to work effectively within a diverse community. Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments simultaneously. Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism. Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches. Must have experience with database programs (Raiser’s Edge experience preferred). Basic knowledge of natural history desirable. Knowledge of media relations and marketing is important when promoting events.
Physical Demands: To perform the essential functions of the position, the following applies: requires standing, stretching, bending, walking, lifting and transporting a minimum of 10 pounds. Must be able to climb stairs as well as be physically and mentally capable of performing multiple tasks under extended heavy pressure and be able to function in a fast paced environment.
Please submit letter of interest and current resume to:
Sean Gillery, Director of Membership & Development
84 Silk Farm Rd.
Concord, NH 03301