The Wildlife Ecologist/Biologist position at Alder Environmental, LLC focuses on consulting services related to avian and terrestrial wildlife ecology, vegetation and habitat surveys, biological assessments, natural resource field data collection, GIS mapping and analysis, and environmental regulatory compliance for public and private clients.
This position works under the general direction of the Principal Scientist/Owner and performs scientific field work and surveys and prepares report documentation related to wildlife assessments, ecological resources, vegetation and associated habitat mitigation and restoration, and land use planning in addition to other areas of environmental consulting and environmental planning. This position requires working with other staff and working independently on a project basis and communicates with private clients, subcontractors and other consultants/government agencies associated with each project. Preparing proposals and responding to Requests for Proposals and Qualifications are included in the responsibilities of this position. This position may also be required to perform other administrative, office related, and environmental field technician tasks as directed by the Principal Scientist/Owner.
• Bachelor of Science degree in ecological, wildlife or biological science disciplines and/or related natural resource fields;
• Knowledge and experience with Rocky Mountain Region wildlife ecology, wildlife surveys and assessment, plant and vegetative community identification, land and habitat reclamation, local and federal environmental regulations such as the National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act and Teton County Land Development Regulations;
• Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS mapping and geospatial analysis software;
• Demonstrated experience preparing professional reports and obtaining environmental permits/approvals/authorizations from local, state and/or federal regulatory agencies;
• A broad understanding of natural resources of the Middle Rocky Mountain Region and the ability to conduct field related work in remote locations;
• Excellent scientific writing and verbal communication skills;
• Must be willing and physically able to perform strenuous field work associated with various site conditions and inclement weather;
• Must be willing and able to travel for duration of up to 1 week; Must have a valid driver’s license.
OTHER VALUABLE SKILLS
• Advanced degree involving thesis study in wildlife ecology, biology, habitat or other relevant field.
• At least four years’ experience as a professional in the consulting or wildlife research fields.
• Professional registration as a Certified Wildlife Biologist, Ecologist and/or other relevant certification.
• Full benefits package includes paid time-off, paid holidays, flex time off, health & dental insurance, retirement plan contributions, partial cell phone reimbursement, year-end bonuses and a relaxed office environment. “Powder clause” may be activated at a moment’s notice at the Owner’s wish.
Please email a single PDF with cover letter and resume combined to firstname.lastname@example.org