NYC Parks is an award-winning city agency that builds and cares for public spaces for New Yorkers to connect, play and enjoy. These public spaces, encompassing over 5,000 properties and 14% of the city’s land and coastline, include seawalls and waterfronts, pedestrian bridges, beaches and boardwalks, parks and playgrounds, historic houses, recreation centers and pools.
The Pelham Bay Park Administrator’s Office oversees the largest and one of the most ecologically diverse parks in New York City. The office is tasked with preserving, managing, and restoring the parks’ forests, wetlands and meadows. Natural Areas management in the park includes a variety of woodland restoration activities including invasive species control, native species planting, and erosion control. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.nyc.gov/parks
• Under supervision from the park’s Natural Areas Manager, perform restoration activities, including identifying and protecting native species, identifying and controlling invasive species, site clearing, planting and working with volunteers, and maintaining daily records of work.
• Assist in the horticultural maintenance of ornamental landscapes, seasonal displays and lawn areas with duties including planting of trees, shrubs and herbaceous plants, watering, weeding, mulching, pruning and mowing.
• Operate cars, trucks, tractors and other types of motorized vehicles, including the use of 2-cycle equipment such as hedge-trimmers and chainsaws, application of herbicide, cutting and carrying woody debris, chipping, maintaining planting sites, equipment and nursery space.
• Train and supervise volunteers and interns as needed.
Salary: Hiring Rate: $42,146 Incumbent Rate: $48,468 plus excellent benefits
Apply by 08/23/19
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID# 398541
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks