Blue Water Baltimore, the leading water quality nonprofit in Baltimore, seeks a Restoration Project Manager (RPM) to oversee the successful implementation of Blue Water Baltimore’s (BWB) grant-funded and fee-for-service environmental restoration projects. This position ensures projects are accurately estimated and constructed in accordance with project intent, budget, design and schedule. This position coordinates with restoration staff, contractors, clients and community partners to ensure project design, execution and budgets are accurate and achievable, and project schedules are met.
The RPM will oversee restoration staff in direct implementation of small-scale restoration projects such as field and street tree plantings, cistern installations, stormwater planters, hardscape removal, and conservation landscaping. For more technical projects, such as bioretention facilities and stream restorations, or for large sites with multiple practices, the RPM will oversee the work of qualified sub-contractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manage implementation of restoration projects in coordination with Senior Stormwater Program Manager and other restoration staff
o Coordinate project scheduling
o Purchase supplies and materials for direct implementation
o Obtain and hold final permits, coordinate utility markings and all meetings with inspectors
o Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
o Oversee restoration project delivery, which includes but is not limited to developing Requests for Proposal, coordinating contractor selection, executing contracts, and coordinating pre- and post-construction meetings
o Provide project quality assurance and ensure impeccable customer service
• Manage maintenance schedule for completed restoration projects in coordination with BWB staff, volunteers, partners and contractors
• Build project budgets that include adequate funding for project management, contingencies, maintenance, and organizational overhead expenses
• Oversee restoration project design process, as assigned
• Establish and maintain partnerships with engineering, landscaping and environmental construction firms to build our network of qualified contractors
• Contribute to Baltimore City, Baltimore County, and State of Maryland stormwater and environmental policy improvements by providing technical expertise and real-world examples of challenges and successes.
• Contribute to grant proposals in collaboration with landowners, partners, consultants, and other BWB staff. Provide narrative information and budget development as needed, ensuring adequate funds are provided for design, construction, and organizational overhead
• Work with Senior Stormwater Program Manager and other restoration staff to identify new fee-for-service restoration opportunities
• Conduct site visits to identify new restoration opportunities as assigned
Operations / Administration
• Perform supervisory duties for Restoration field staff, including goal setting, conducting performance reviews, identifying professional development opportunities, reviewing and approving timesheets and paid time off requests
• Review profit & loss statements in a timely and efficient manner
• Ensure project construction documentation with pictures of sequencing, pre-post construction and enter final deliverables into database
• Process payments from vendors and consultants
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• Five years of experience in construction or Bachelor’s degree in construction management
• Experience supervising staff
• Familiarity with Green Stormwater Infrastructure and Best Management Practices in urban areas
• Experience with project management including job costing, billing, and labor management
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and organize multiple deliverables with diverse partners
• Ability to work some weekends and evenings with a flexible planned schedule
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• MDE Certified Responsible Person for Sediment and Erosion Control
• SHA Yellow Card program
• Familiarity with AIA contract templates
• First Aid/CPR certifications are a plus
• OSHA safety credentials, as assigned and provided by BWB
• Familiarity with the Baltimore area and its neighborhoods
Salary Range: $47,000 - $52,000
• Please complete Blue Water Baltimore’s brief online application.
• Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Blue Water Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.