The Conservation Enforcement Officer, Trainee is a permanent, full-time position with the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Positions are located throughout the state. This is the entry-level conservation enforcement classification; employees are trainees who complete required courses of training approved by the Alabama Peace Officers’ and Standards Training Commission (APOSTC) as well as specialized job assignment training.
• High school diploma or GED certificate.
• Possession of a valid Alabama driver license.
• Applicants must be 21 years of age at the time of application.
• Applicants must meet requirements of the Alabama Peace Officers' Standards and Training Act and pass a physical examination during the probationary period.
• Applicants must complete designated agency and other specialized training related to job assignment during the probationary period.
• Open-Competitive to all applicants
• AWritten Multiple Choice Exam will comprise 100% of the final score for the open-competitive register.
• The Candidate Information Guide for this examination is available on our website listed above. Please contact State Personnel if you wish to have a guide mailed to you.
HOW TO APPLY
• Complete an Application for Examination Form available at www.personnel.alabama.gov, the above address, or any Alabama Career Center Office.
• Apply on-line, by mail or by fax. Applications will be accepted until further notice. The State Personnel Department is not responsible for late receipt of applications due to mail service or faxing malfunctions.