Make a Difference!
Are YOU the right person to be our Program Director?
The Central Sierra Environmental Resource Center (CSERC) serves on the frontlines of advocacy to protect water, wildlife, and wild places across the vast Northern Yosemite region.
CSERC seeks an enthusiastic and effective candidate who is passionate about wanting to make a meaningful difference for the environment.
Located in Twain Harte, California, CSERC's small office serves as the base for advocacy efforts affecting water issues, National Forest and Yosemite Park management, land planning and development, air quality, and wildlife issues.
The selected candidate will assist the Executive Director with CSERC's advocacy, fieldwork, public speaking, fundraising and grant-writing, website work, and media outreach. This is an opportunity to take on demanding, rewarding work and to be mentored to assume a leadership role with the organization.
• A minimum of two years of work experience with natural resources or with a conservation-focused or social justice non-profit organization;
• Effective communication skills - especially writing, but also the ability to speak in public;
• The ability to hike in rugged, remote areas, to learn and do field monitoring, and to perform physical activities under a range of conditions;
• A basic knowledge of ecology of the Sierra Nevada (or a similar) ecosystem;
• The capacity to work a flexible schedule at times to attend occasional evening sessions or to drive to distant meetings;
• Proficiency with finances and fundraising;
• A background of personal engagement in environmental, political, or social justice causes;
• Some degree of website experience, plus the ability to use Microsoft Office software suite;
• Driver's license, a fully insured vehicle, and a willingness to drive on remote forest roads.
• The ability to work independently and to multi-task.
A competitive salary of $60 K to $75 K is negotiable - based on qualifications. Benefits include 3 weeks of sick leave/vacation leave annually, 11 paid holidays, a flexible work schedule, and basic medical insurance coverage.
E-mail your resume, one letter of reference, and a cover letter to John Buckley, CSERC, with the subject "Program Director position" at: email@example.com
Cover letter: In two pages or less, describe your background and experience, why you are applying, what you would bring to CSERC's mission, and why you believe you are a match.
More info: www.cserc.org