Resource Conservation Specialist I/II/IIIRedwood City CA
Office of Sustainability
County of San Mateo
Are you passionate about sustainability and environmental issues, being part of a team of enthusiastic and creative professionals, and being part of the changing ways in which local governments can develop and implement programs to address sustainability and environmental issues and serve the San Mateo County community?
The County of San Mateo's Office of Sustainability is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Resource Conservation Specialist. We want "sustainability professionals " to act as a liaison to empower our County departments and its employees, and the community to take meaningful actions on sustainable issues and environmental regulatory compliance.
The Office of Sustainability (OOS) has four working groups: Waste Reduction, Energy and Water, Livable Communities, and Climate Change. Each working group is seeking candidates to support the programs and projects in their respective work groups. To learn more about each of the OOS workgroups, please visit: https://www.smcsustainability.org/
In addition, and related to programs or projects implemented by one or more of the working groups, the ideal candidate will possess:
- A general knowledge of best practices for environmental and sustainability activities, issues and regulations
- The ability to track, audit and monitor developments in pertinent state mandates, laws, codes, rules, and regulations
- Experience preparing written materials such as narratives, project summaries, Board reports, technical charts, presentations, and public outreach materials
- Experience delivering targeted presentations to a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders
- An interest in integrating race, equity, and social and environmental justice into Office of Sustainability programs and projects
- Strong interpersonal skills – a natural marketer that easily connects with people and can act as a liaison with local, state agencies as well as the public
- Communication skills – a team player with both verbal and written acumen
- Strong analytical skills – experienced in conducting research, audits or analyzing data
- Independence – can "hit the ground running" and work with minimal supervision
- Flexibility – able to change course quickly and effectively
- Responsible – for appropriately tracking and evaluating to ensure regulatory compliance obligations and activities
A typical way to qualify is one or more years of program coordination experience in the field of sustainability and/or resource conservation, with some specialization in one or more of the four working group initiatives.
Final Filing Date: March 2, 2020
A competitive benefits package is associated with these positions. For complete information regarding benefits please click here.
To learn more about the position and to apply online, visit our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmateo/jobs/2701624/resource-conservation-specialist-i-ii-iii-limited-term-open. Applications are only accepted online. EOE