Requisition ID: 1075
Environmental Consulting & Technology, Inc. (ECT) is seeking a Natural Resources - Senior Manager.
Job Summary: This individual will help grow the Natural Resources service line by leveraging existing client relationships and marketing. This individual will also step in as a senior manager capable of managing existing projects, providing technical oversight to staff, and providing leadership in client development, and working with staff throughout Florida and the US.
In addition, the selected candidate will also have strong experience with wetland delineations, Threatened and Endangered species, environmental permitting and compliance (state and federal regulations); experience working on private development and power sector projects preferred, as well as other industries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Market, win, and manage new project work
2. Effectively manage projects both on an individual and on a national basis
3. Serve as a go-to technical resource and contribute to projects on a high-level technical basis.
4. Manage and mentor junior and mid-level staff.
5. Perform in lead role conducting wetland delineations; must have strong wetland delineations skills including plant ID, soils and hydrology; familiarity with both state and federal delineation methodology and demonstrated experience with agency wetland reviews
6. Conduct wetland impact assessments based on Florida UMAM methodology
7. Lead listed T&E surveys throughout Florida and perform gopher tortoise relocation's as needed
8. Conduct habitat assessments to map vegetation communities and evaluate quality; must have strong understanding of Florida ecology (habitats and plant ID)
9. Assist with State (FDEP and WMD) and Section 404 (USACE) wetland permitting
10. Manage all aspects of projects including field work, project deliverables/ deadlines, team coordination efforts (i.e., clients, agencies and other team members) and all financial aspects of projects
11. Prepare succinct and well-written proposals.
12. Provide QA/QC for field data collection, written reports and map products
13. Promote, diversify, and strengthen the growth of ECT's Southeast and National natural resources team.
14. Help diversify ECT’s clientele through marketing activities and excellence in technical work products.
Education & Experience:
· B.S. or equivalent necessary; M.S. or equivalent preferred
· Experienced environmental consultant with 10 to 15 years of experience; 7 or more years of project management experience.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Intermediate skills related to GPS/GIS applications desired.
· Maintain valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
· 10 - 25% travel requirement, mostly overnight stays; fluctuates based on workload
· Must have strong technical writing skills to lead in environmental assessments, permitting, and monitoring.
· Capable of working outdoors occasionally in hot and humid conditions
· Office with some field work
· Able to work both independently and as a team
· Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
ECT is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary natural resources and environmental consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients by integrating science, engineering, technology, planning, and management systems to provide practical solutions to complex challenges. ECT maintains a drug-free environment and is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.