Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa (CCMI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that engages youth and young adults in meaningful service, leadership development, and environmental stewardship. The AmeriCorps field program operates for 11 months each year, February through December. Crews travel throughout the Midwest completing projects in partnership with state and federal agencies and nonprofit organizations.
Position Summary: The Field Coordinator (FC) is integral to the AmeriCorps field program’s goal of accomplishing challenging conservation projects, as well as providing training, education, coordination, and leadership to ensure a positive and safe experience for regional field program participants. The Field Coordinator must have the ability to assist in personnel management, maintain equipment, and coordinate or provide training in technical and personal development skills.
• Supervisory and programming experience (preferably with the 18-25 age group) and ability to problem solve and respond competently to situations associated with managing young adults.
• Demonstrated experience in coordinating and facilitating training.
• Demonstrated experience in safe river obstruction removal project work.
• Working knowledge of natural resource project management such as trail maintenance and construction, shoreline/watershed restoration, forest/prairie management, and wildlife habitat improvement.
• Experience with hand and power tools, tree felling and chainsaw operations, and mechanical and construction skills.
• Experience with prescribed fire and ability to attain NWCG Wildland FFT2 Certification.
• Experience with emergency disaster response management and volunteer coordination.
• Must meet minimum physical requirements and successfully pass annual work capacity testing.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal personnel management and external outreach.
• Initiative to act independently with minimal supervision and ability to multi-task and be flexible with responsibilities.
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Current WFA/CPR certificate or better.
• Familiarity with AmeriCorps and local, state and federal natural resource agencies.
• Four-year degree in a related field is preferred.
Additional Information: Travel and overnights are required for Corps member trainings, staff meetings, and outreach events. This position requires a significant amount of time at all crew locations, with occasional out-of-town travel for up to 12 days to assist crews on technical projects. The FC must also be available for occasional 30-day disaster deployments.
Freedom to Act: This employee has the authority to direct and administer field activities. Activities are subject to established policies and directives of State and Federal laws.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should apply by sending a resume to HR@conservationcorps.org. Please include Iowa Field Coordinator in the email subject line.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
While this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed, it is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All positions at the Corps may require duties outside of normal responsibilities.