Lynker Technologies LLC is searching for a Coastal Management Specialist to support NOAA by working with state partners and organizations to support the implementation of the National Coastal Zone Management Program and the National Estuarine Research Reserve Program, as authorized under the Coastal Zone Management Act.
● Working with state partners in New York and New Jersey to understand and support the implementation of their coastal management programs, including review and oversight of their cooperative agreements with NOAA.
● Work with state partners in Connecticut on the development of relevant plans and materials towards the designation of a new National Estuarine Research Reserve.
● Work with OCM federal staff, and state and local agencies to leverage the impacts of CZMA and related investments to address strategic priorities and achieve programmatic outcomes.
● Engage regularly with partners, both virtually and in-person, to provide technical and management assistance to implement programmatic priorities and cooperative agreements and ensure effective and efficient operations through performance evaluation and reporting.
● Contribute information on programmatic efforts to external and internal communication mechanisms; engage with other local, state, and regional stakeholders; and support partnership program connections to relevant regional entities.
● Work with the OCM leadership, including the Coastal Communities and Ecosystems Programs, the Mid-Atlantic Regional Lead, and the North Regional Director to maintain and strengthen long-term relationships in the Mid-Atlantic region and leverage NOAA and CZMA assets to address priority challenges.
Bachelor's Degree in Marine Biology, Coastal Management, or other related field.
Minimum of Four Years of experience in a coastal management or science position
Knowledge of the Coastal Zone Management Act
Experience building partnerships among state, federal, and local agencies
Masters degree in marine science, management, policy or other related field
Experience with federal grants
Knowledge for NY/NJ coastal management agencies and issues
Some travel will be required for national-level meetings and regional meetings, site visits, and workshops.
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.