GIS SpecialistSacramento CA
Pacific Crest Trail Association is hiring our first permanent full-time GIS Specialist to help us reach our goal of creating, implementing, and managing comprehensive, organization-wide GIS solutions.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Serve as the authoritative source for and management of PCT spatial data, and to leverage GIS solutions to inform and support PCTA’s programmatic work towards its strategic goals
- Design, develop, and manage large complex data systems in close collaboration with federal and state agencies.
- Set standards and develop training materials for how GPS data will be collected
- Serve as data manager, designing quality assurance and quality controls (QAQC), metadata standards, etc.
- Maintain the dynamic PCT land inventory as land ownership and status are key to strategically planning land acquisitions
- Develop a system and tools for tracking trail conditions and maintenance history that are key to making annual and long-range work plans
- Conduct viewshed analyses to assess emerging potential impacts to the trail
- Produce high-quality visual information and media to better connect and engage diverse audiences in PCTA's program work
- Manipulate statistical and spatial data, perform complex analyses, and interpret results to inform key strategic decisions for program areas including land acquisition, trail protection, trail management, visitor use, advocacy, and philanthropy
What makes you a great fit for this position?
- You absolutely love GIS work and it’s accurate, well-organized, detailed data, and your enthusiasm for it is contagious. You love working with others on how to apply GIS effectively to everyday work.
- You take pride in intentional, thorough training and support of your colleagues.
- You thrive on building and maintaining complex data systems, solving problems, and tackling new multi-faceted challenges — and you know when it's time to ask for help.
- You enjoy managing a large variety of systems and projects across multiple program areas.
- You know you can translate the back-end system functionality to front-end users so that it’s understandable.
- You want to work within a team that invests in you and challenges you to do your best.
- You have at least five years of experience within GIS.
To Apply: E-mail resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “GIS Specialist”. For a full job description and more information about Pacific Crest Trail Association visit www.pcta.org.
PCTA is an equal opportunity employer.