ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Work closely with the Chief Ecologist to provide strategic vision for advancing NatureServe's Ecology Department priorities within the region. Provide input to organizational strategic planning and direction.
• Lead cultivation of new collaborations and maintain key partnerships with funding agencies (federal and state agencies, NGOs, and others) that will benefit from NatureServe's products and services and support NatureServe's conservation priorities within the region. Lead the development of project concepts, proposal writing, and budgeting to support NatureServe priorities.
• Work with NatureServe Member Program Coordinators (and other staff as appropriate) to advance regional science priorities and help strengthen program participation.
• Advance the regional development and maintenance of terrestrial and aquatic ecological classifications by working with staff, partners, and users to support this work.
• Help to develop new methods and tools to advance biodiversity conservation and support the creation and application of new standard ecological data. Examples include ecological integrity assessments, climate change vulnerability assessments, and conservation status assessments.
• Participate on interdisciplinary teams and oversee the application of ecological methods in support of conservation decision making. Complete project-based tasks including planning and oversight of research, field data collection, spatial and tabular data analysis, and product development.
• Publish research findings and represent NatureServe by providing training and presentations at conferences and workshops. Oversee the management of ecological data in the region and advance its access through NatureServe websites, USNVC.org, and other online platforms.
• Recruit, train, and supervise regional Ecology Department staff focused on project management and technical project work.
• The essential job functions listed above are not meant to be all-inclusive and may be subject to change at any time.
If you would like to join our team, click the link below to read a full job description and complete NatureServe's online application.
NatureServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled