Clean Ocean Action’s Marketing and Communications Coordinator is a dynamic, integrated and dedicated person who is passionate about ocean protection and excels in an exciting team-based work environment to defend the ocean through planning, managing and implementation of marketing and communication measures. This position will contribute to COA’s general approach, content, communication, and outreach to increase the productivity and visibility of the organization.
Implement internal and external communications and marketing. Create and ensure motivating, attractive, and professional communication and marketing products, including:
- Production of the monthly print and electronic newsletters, mid-month e-update, and Annual Report.
- Outreach to media by fostering, managing, and growing strong media contacts to result in increased, meaningful coverage. Working with other staff, finalize and distribute press releases and secure press coverage.
- Enhance and integrate COA branding in all aspects.
- Update, maintain and enhance the website, and participate in website Redesign Team.
- Seek and place articles in outside print outlets and LTE.
- Create motivating, attractive, and professional communication and outreach products.
- Participate in editing process.
- Build and strengthen programs through marketing.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
Creativity and ability to think on your feet
Outstanding verbal and communication abilities, including strong mastery of the English language and editing skills
Graphics, design and publication production experience
Adobe Creative Cloud competency
Digital content creation and application
Relationship and partnership building
Experience in traditional and social media
Excellent organizing skills.
MS program competency, including Excel
This position requires evening and weekend work at times.
Annual Salary: Position is full time. Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
Benefits: Health and dental insurance coverage are offered on a cost-sharing basis, paid holidays and PDO, employer paid professional workshops and trainings.
Application Instructions: Position currently open. Applications will be accepted until position filled. Please send cover letter, CV, three references with affiliations, one writing sample, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing & Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.