GRLT is seeking a full time Development Officer to join our dedicated staff. We seek a highly motivated professional who is passionate about conservation to coordinate a team of staff and volunteers to accomplish fundraising goals to advance the mission of Georges River Land Trust.
The Development Officer (DO) is responsible for the planning and management of development activities to meet established fundraising goals. The DO will work closely with the Executive Director, Staff, Development Committee and Major Gifts Committee. Together, this Development Team will create and implement effective strategies for the cultivation and solicitation of gifts, including those from individual donors and businesses. The DO will represent the Land Trust professionally and effectively in a variety of forums, including communications with Board members, committee members and donors.
This position is full-time and based generally on site in Rockland, Maine.
The Development Officer reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
• Professional, outgoing, positive, energetic and people-oriented approach, including the ability to inspire and motivate action and success in others
• Will have both external-facing and internal responsibilities. Will serve as an ambassador at public events, sharing information on our mission and programs to grow the organization’s membership.
• Experience in non-profit fundraising, including donor research, cultivation and solicitation
• Rigorous standards of confidentiality required in handling personal and financial information about the GRLT membership and supporters
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A well-organized work style capable of conducting multiple activities during the same period
• An ability to keep accurate, detailed and confidential records
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, including GRLT board members and staff, volunteers, the public, donors and other prospects
• Self-motivated and independent, as well as a team player
• An ability to think creatively and solve problems
• Patience and flexibility in adjusting to changes in task scheduling and priorities
• Ability to complete projects, meet deadlines and work within established budgets
• Strong experience with and willingness to learn computer software necessary to conduct the duties of the position, including Little Green Light, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and internet software
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or experience commensurate with the needs of the position
• A valid driver’s license and personal vehicle with evidence of insurance
Please send a resume and cover letter to (subject: Development Officer):
Georges River Land Trust
8 N. Main Street
Rockland, Maine 04841
Click here for the full job description.