The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy - a regional, nonprofit environmental advocacy organization that promotes responsible energy choices to solve global warming problems - seeks a highly motivated and organized individual to serve as Executive Assistant. This position is full-time and will be based in Knoxville, Tennessee.
For more information about our work, visit www.cleanenergy.org
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The primary role of the position is to assist the Executive Director with the management of his calendar and the completion of administrative functions essential to the operation of the organization. Specific duties of this position require that the Executive Assistant:
• Schedule appointments for the Executive Director with staff and external parties.
• Make travel arrangements such as hotel, flight, and rental car reservations for the ED when needed.
• Schedule regular staff meetings and meetings of the SACE board of directors; assist with the planning of events and meetings.
• Receive and file reporting documents
• Receive and organize invitations from external contacts.
Highly motivated candidates may have additional opportunities.
The position requires that the individual posses the ability to communicate clearly and effectively when speaking and writing, manage their time efficiently, and show close attention to detail. Additional qualifications sought in an individual employed in this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree and 1 or more years of professional experience
• The ability to work in a busy environment and shift priorities when directed.
• The ability to make 3 to 5 overnight trips a year.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• A belief in the mission, goals, and values of Southern Alliance for Clean Energy.
Salary and Benefits
Salary offers are commensurate with nonprofit compensation in the Southeast. Excellent benefits package optional, plus vacations/holidays.
Southern Alliance for Clean Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status or sexual orientation. We strongly encourage applications from women and persons of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
To apply, email a resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications and experience to email@example.com with the subject Executive Assistant Applicant: [Your Name]. Due to the high volume of inquiries we receive, we are unable to personally contact all applicants. Please be assured that every application is reviewed and considered by a senior member of our staff.
The position will be open until filled