General Description: Delaware Nature Society currently has an opening for an Outreach Coordinator to join our Advocacy team and implement priority statewide campaigns. A private, non-profit membership organization, Delaware Nature Society’s mission is to connect people with the natural world and improve our environment through education, advocacy and conservation.
Delaware Nature Society is pursuing three priority campaigns including clean water, wildlife, and sustainability. The Outreach Coordinator will build public awareness around our campaigns, engage volunteers and supporters in campaign outreach, build and strengthen a statewide coalition, and support the long-term goals of the organization.
Responsibilities: The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers in order to engage constituents in conversations about our campaigns. Additional responsibilities may include:
• Conduct community outreach to generate public awareness and support for our issues.
• Participate in and lead campaign tactics such as outreach tables, presentations, trainings, phonebanks, canvasses and community events such as town hall meetings
• Recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers who will participate in campaign activities.
• Develop volunteer-led outreach teams.
• Develop relationships with key political players, opinion leaders, allied organizations and coalitions to build our base of support.
Qualifications: Applicants for this position should bring the following knowledge, abilities, and attitude:
• An undergraduate degree in environmental studies, political science, conservation or related field is preferred.
Knowledge of and commitment to environmental causes
• Strong interpersonal skills, including comfort meeting and talking with new people
• Effective communicator face-to-face and in writing
• Curious and excited around movement building, grassroots organizing, and volunteer management
• Excited to learn the use of data to set goals and measure progress
• Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work without being micro-managed
• Comfortable with technology, and can learn new tools quickly
• Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
• Licensed driver with access to a vehicle
• Previous field organizing experience for a campaign is preferred
• Strong ties to Delaware is preferred
Delaware Nature Society offers excellent benefits and a flexible work environment. Interested candidates should complete a job application http://www.delawarenaturesociety.org/JobApplication send with cover letter, salary requirements, resume, and three references to email@example.com or to:
Delaware Nature Society
ATTN: Human Resources
P.O. Box 700
Hockessin, DE. 19707
To learn more about the Delaware Nature Society, see www.delawarenaturesociety.org