Maine Coast Heritage Trust conserves and stewards Maine's coastal lands and islands for their renowned scenic beauty, ecological value, outdoor recreational opportunities, and contribution to community well-being. We provide statewide conservation leadership through our work with land trusts, coastal communities and other partners. Maine Coast Heritage Trust is seeking to fill the Digital Communications Specialist’s role with an individual who will be passionate about their work and committed to our mission.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Communications, The Digital Communications Specialist oversees MCHT’s public facing digital presence. Primary responsibilities include website design, production, social media activities, online marketing, email blasts, and managing the digital photo library.
Essential Job Functions
• Implements website strategy, architecture, design and maintenance. Implements HTML edits and improves usability and navigation.
• Manages the website Content Management System (CMS) tool, including training and oversight for staff assigned to CMS publishing.
• Adapts MCHT print and video material for the Web and generates new content including Web pages, ancillary Web sites, slideshows, audio clips, videos, promotional graphics and interactive maps. Edits and posts videos and photos, and integrates with other content platforms to support user migration from print to Web. Provides limited graphic design.
• Tracks and analyzes site traffic and issues regular activity reports.
• Works in coordination with the IT Administrator and 3rd parties to assure efficient digital administration and security.
• Works with communications and fundraising staff to implement social media strategies on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, and other social media channels. Posts interactive content on a regular basis, engages users on behalf of MCHT, monitors comments and ensures content is accurate, up-to-date.
• Manages email communications plan using third-party email marketing program. Executes design and mailing of e-blasts and e-newsletters to donors and partners, maintains and updates production schedules, tracks results, and researches new ways to build MCHT’s e-mail list as well as increase open rates, click-through rates and online giving.
• Manages MCHT’s digital photo image library. Evaluates MCHT’s methods for storing, tagging and retrieving digital images.
• Works with Director of Communication and outside parties to develop digital communication strategies.
• Assists in management of online giving pages and Trips and Events marketing and payment.
• Performs special projects and other related duties as required, directed, or as the situation dictates.
• Attendance may be required for periodic evening and weekend events throughout the year.
• Regular attendance at the workplace is required.
Managing inter-departmental project teams as needed.
Education & Experience
Masters’ Degree or BA/BS, with three to five years of related experience in digital communications management and execution.
• Thorough knowledge of Web design, site management, architecture, user-interface design, front-end scripting, and Google Analytics.
• Proficient user of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe InDesign
• Strong project management and organizational skills, including tracking of reviews and approvals, and management of external vendors.
• Extensive experience with social media sites including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, Wordpress, Tumblr and others.
• Exceptional attention to accuracy and detail.
• Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Strong customer service orientation, either in a nonprofit, for-profit.
• Motivated self-starter able to work independently but also a strong team player comfortable in a highly collaborative work environment.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Able to work well with others and work under pressure in a professional manner.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
Work is performed in a normal office environment not subject to extremes of noise, temperature, odor, etc. Operates computer, printer, photocopier, and basic office equipment. Work requires extended sitting and repetitive motion in the use of computer, keyboard, and mouse. Occasional moderate to heavy lifting required. Some evaluation and observation work is performed out of doors requiring mobility on uneven terrain and exposure to seasonal weather. *This is a permanent, full-time position with a benefits package including insurance, vacation time, and a retirement plan.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Digital Communications Specialist” in the subject line. Please visit http://www.mcht.org to learn more about Maine Coast Heritage Trust. Maine Coast Heritage Trust values diversity and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. *External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.