Grass River Natural Area, Inc. in Antrim County, MI seeks a dynamic, creative person to work with the Grass River board, staff, and community to forward its mission.
Overview of Position: The executive director is the chief administrative officer of Grass River Natural Area, Inc. (GRNA), a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation located in Antrim County, MI. The executive director reports to the GRNA board of directors. Total compensation is negotiable, and will be based on qualifications and experience.
Mission Statement: To manage the Grass River Natural Area, conserve and protect its watershed and provide opportunities that increase knowledge, appreciation and community-wide stewardship of the natural environment.
Web Site: Additional information regarding Grass River Natural Area, Inc. is available at our web site, www.grassriver.org
1. Provide vision and collaborate with the GRNA Board of Directors to develop long-term organizational strategies.
2. Provide leadership and supervision for GRNA operations and programs.
3. Develop and implement fund development strategies, including a major capital campaign.
4. Work with the board, Antrim County, staff, and other stakeholders to plan natural resource protection strategies.
5. Provide leadership to ensure positive communication with all GRNA stakeholders including volunteers, donors, foundations and local units of government.
6. Act as chief advocate and spokesperson in the community and with local media.
7. Prepare grant requests, annual reports, media packets, and press releases.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Experience in environmental nonprofit management preferred.
3. Experience with fund development, including a major capital campaign, preferred.
4. Desktop publishing skills and knowledge of marketing a plus.
5. Knowledge of donor development and accounting software such as Salesforce and QuickBooks preferred.
Email the following information by March 28, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Resume (PDF format preferred)
Contact information for 3 professional references, which should be included in your resume.
Your email should address:
1. Why are you interested in this position, and what strengths and qualifications would you bring to it?
2. Describe your experience working with private and public funding sources. Give an example of your role in obtaining a successful grant or major gift.
3. Discuss your experience with Salesforce and QuickBooks or similar software.
If you have questions, please contact the Search Committee at email@example.com.
Please mention how you learned of this opening.
Grass River Natural Area, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.