The Galveston Bay Foundation (GBF) is a nonprofit organization located on the Upper Texas Coast that has worked for over 30 years to preserve and enhance one of the world’s most productive estuaries—Galveston Bay—as a healthy and productive place for generations to come. We have diverse programs in land preservation, habitat restoration, water quality and quantity, youth education, and advocacy. GBF’s annual budget is approximately $5 million but varies depending on the projects undertaken in any given year. Our office is located approximately 25 miles southeast of downtown Houston in the Clear Lake area. Our employees are mission-driven individuals who work hard and enjoy flexible work schedules. To learn more about the Galveston Bay Foundation, please visit www.galvbay.org or find us on social media.
Desired start: July 2018
Salary & benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health insurance options, long-term disability insurance, retirement savings with company match, and paid time off accrual. Flexible work schedule.
Summary: GBF seeks a dynamic, strategic thinking individual to serve as its Director of Development and lead its multi-faceted fundraising program, with a focus on major giving. The position reports to the President and is responsible for creating and executing strategies for major gifts, annual giving, donor stewardship and recognition, planned giving, fundraising events, and special campaign initiatives. The Director of Development will manage a development team, including a donor relations manager, an events manager, a database and administrative coordinator, a communications and marketing manager, and a volunteer programs coordinator. The Director of Development will work closely and coordinate with the Board of Directors and development committee.
• Create and implement development goals, plans, and strategies, in consultation with the President, to meet GBF’s operating and program funding needs
• Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan, to include donor acquisition, prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies to increase revenues
• Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner
• Articulate the vision, mission, goals, and core values of the organization
• Lead and supervise development staff and oversee all development team projects and events
Key Qualifications and Traits:
• Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising
• Knowledge of and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising
• Demonstrated success with raising money, developing fundraising strategies, and evaluating program success
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and manage productive relationships with donors, partners, staff, consultants, and others
• Strong writing skills, ranging from e-mail communications with donors to effective grant proposals and reports
• Experience in using a sophisticated donor database; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• A goal-driven individual with the initiative, ability, and desire to conduct donor visits and fundraising calls and build external relationships
To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, May 31, 2018.
The Galveston Bay Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair and equal treatment of its employees and constituents regardless of differences based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristic.