The Development Associate is crucial to making sure ELM and the ELM Action Fund have sufficient funds to do their work. This entry level position focuses mostly on tasks related to fundraising but will also require the ability to do general administration work. The employee will report directly to the Development Manager but will also work closely with the President. This is a chance to join a small, collaborative non-profit where both your work and professional development are equally valued.
1. Gift processing and acknowledgement
1. Processing all monetary gifts as they come in and acknowledging them within a week.
2. Ensuring that all acknowledgements are updated seasonally.
2. Event logistics
1. Planning our major events each year, aside from sponsorship procurement.
2. Handling logistics for smaller development meetings and events throughout the year.
3. Board management
1. Coordinate board meetings
2. Take minutes at board meetings
3. Keep all board information up to date
1. High net worth profiling
2. Foundation profiling
3. Corporation profiling
4. Help to identify new prospects through research
5. Data management and entry
1. Entering all new contacts into salesforce
2. Updating contacts on a regular basis
3. Use demand tools, data loader and salesforce together
6. Scheduling and administration
1. Manage ~50% of the president’s schedule
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Collaborative working style
To apply please email a PDF of your resume and cover letter to Anne Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development Associate”.
ELM is an equal-opportunity employer and we strongly encourage applications from all interested candidates. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, creed, religion, personal appearance, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, or sexual orientation.