Communications CoordinatorAsheville NC
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy - a regional, nonprofit environmental advocacy organization that promotes responsible energy choices to ensure clean, safe and healthy communities throughout the Southeast - seeks a highly motivated, organized and creative individual to serve as Communications Coordinator.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Manage organization’s social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Youtube, Hootsuite and LinkedIn)
- Create, place, track, and analyze Facebook ads
- Collaborate with organization’s Creative Project Manager to create engaging content, including graphics and videos, for print/digital
- Format and send electronic communications (including Action Alerts, e-newsletters, Save the Dates) to supporters and members
- Manage SACE’s website and oversee updates along with other members of the Communications Team
- Provide support to Director of Policy & Communications for earned media interactions including events, tele-press conferences
- Archive media hits quarterly; circulate to relevant staff for grant reporting
- Work with SACE staff, esp members of the Communications Team, to coordinate monthly calendar of email sends, social/earned media, etc
- Commitment to advancing clean energy as a climate solution
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, design, and interpersonal skills
- 2 or more years of professional experience; Bachelors degree is required – in a relevant field of study is desirable
- A solid understanding of traditional, digital and social media platforms, with experience running/supporting a social media campaign preferred
- Ability to work quickly under pressure while juggling multiple projects
- Work well independently, and as part of a geographically-dispersed team
- Proficiency with Wordpress, Microsoft Word, Excel, and a customer relationship management (CRM) platform (like Mailchimp) is essential
- Familiarity with EveryAction CRM and Adobe Photoshop is preferable
SALARY / BENEFITS: This is a full-time position and may be based in one of SACE’s three offices (Atlanta, Georgia; Asheville, North Carolina; or Knoxville, Tennessee). Salary offer will be commensurate with nonprofit compensation in the Southeast, and include a full benefits package, vacation and sick leave.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2018 with the subject line Communications Coordinator Position. References will be required of candidates during the interview process, and a background check may be performed. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Due to the high volume of inquiries we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please be assured that every application is reviewed and considered by a senior member of our staff.
ABOUT SOUTHERN ALLIANCE FOR CLEAN ENERGY
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications from women and persons of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.