Ducks Unlimited, Inc. (DU), and Ducks Unlimited de Mexico (DUMAC), the continent’s leaders in waterfowl and wetlands conservation, seek a Director of Development focused on DUMAC fundraising and stewardship activities. The position will have the following primary responsibilities:
• Work with DUI development staff, DUMAC CEO and DUMAC Board of Directors, to identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit new major and planned gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations that are part of an identified prospect portfolio. This list will include supporters in the US, Canada and Mexico, with increased emphasis on new supporters from Mexico.
• Coordinate with DU development staff and DUMAC CEO and DUMAC Board of Directors, to develop proposals and secure funding for DUMAC’s priorities as defined in the DUMAC Strategic Plan, to include support for operations, conservation in key landscapes and educational programs.
• Collaborate with other fundraising staff to assist in achieving all annual fundraising team goals.
• Work with the volunteer leadership to motivate and guide all volunteers to assist with DUMAC major gift fundraising.
• Work with DUMAC staff liaison and/or other appropriate DUI staff to:
• Compile the International Transfer Report for all DUMAC payments (from both DUI and DUC members)
• Compile reports or data related to DUMAC Major Sponsors (ie. how many at each level, current members of the Walker Society, donor lists, etc.)
• Order and ship DUMAC Major Sponsor pins
• Order and ship DUMAC Major Sponsor plaques
• Order and ship all Grand Slam pins
• Order and ship Grand Slam plaques
• Ensure pledge summary statements are issued on a bi-annual basis for open DUMAC pledges
• Prepare DUMAC donor profiles in the Ducks Unlimited Magazine
• Prepare DUMAC donor profiles in the Ducks Unlimited Annual Report
• Assist with preparation of formal materials describing Major DUMAC Initiatives
• To reach Spanish Groups formally established in the USA, interested on supporting projects at their birth place cities in Mexico.
• Manage the annual mailing of the DUMAC report to all DUMAC members, along with the creation of a cover letter from the DUMAC President
• Manage annual solicitation of DUMAC donors and Major Sponsors
• Recruit DUMAC event & experience attendees (Mangrove Experience, anniversary, and dinner events)
• Ensure the ordering all DUI Sponsor pins for DUMAC use
• Annual mailing of the DUMAC report to all Triple-Play members
• Achieve goals established in Annual Work Plan.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years fundraising or related experience with an emphasis on personal major gift solicitation and a strong conservation ethic. Additional qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship and team building skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Commitment to and experience with prospect moves management
• Ability to provide leadership and guidance to other fundraising professionals and volunteers
• Computer literacy with a proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database management programs
• Fluency in Spanish preferred
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team and is driven to succeed. Familiarity with planned giving, experience with comprehensive campaigns, relationships in and a working knowledge of the philanthropic community, and an interest in outdoor conservation activities are also desired. The selected candidate should have the desire and ability to travel extensively and will be expected to reside in a mutually agreed upon city.
This position reports to Ducks Unlimited’s National Director of Development who may be contacted for additional information about the position at RBSmith@ducks.org.
TO APPLY: Please fill out the application materials on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7deee1c0-b159-4fdc-8bdb-3f1d87c47510&jobId=194133&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001 and attach a cover letter, resume and daytime contact information (email & phone numbers) for three professional references. Applications will be considered as they are received, and positions will remain open until filled. For further questions regarding these positions or to request application materials, please contact:
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
One Waterfowl Way
Memphis, TN 38120
Office (901) 758-3986
Resume review will begin on December 15, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.