The Consortium for Ocean Leadership is seeking a Program Specialist to provide professional support and specialized knowledge to support NOAA’s Office of Ocean Exploration and Research. This is a full-time position reporting to the Vice President and Director, Research and Education.
The Program Specialist. COL supports NOAA OER in strategic planning and partnership building with the community of exploration performers and investors, including through organization of and improved continuity between National Ocean Exploration Forums and other community ocean science and technology events.
■ Leads planning efforts for the National Ocean Exploration Forum to broadly convene the Ocean Exploration community. Creates the forum agenda, makes final decisions on meeting locations, tracks the meeting budget, and builds sponsor relationships
■ Facilitates and leads small groups, task forces, and workshops to focus on certain OER-related topics and support ongoing strategic planning and partnership building. Identifies and gathers research materials. Facilitates flow of information to participants. Works with Manager of Meetings and Travel to confirm meeting logistics, as needed
■ Supports efforts to communicate ocean exploration value and amplify NOAA OER’s communication and engagement
■ Participates in and reports on meetings associated with the ongoing program. Gathers content for program updates and helps draft text
■ Represents Ocean Leadership and specific program during program related meetings
■ Represents the organization and/or program at exhibit booths at scientific conferences. Helps set up booth and provides materials to booth visitors
■ Performs other duties as assigned
• Doctorate or Master's in a scientific or policy field preferred. Bachelor’s degree in these fields and at least three years relevant work experience required. Familiarity with ocean science preferred.
• Demonstrated planning, decision-making, and problem-solving capabilities; ability to work independently to prioritize work and complete projects with general direction
• Demonstrated initiative and creativity in suggesting and researching relevant new program concepts.
• Ability to work comfortably and pleasantly with a variety of clients, including scientists and heads of Federal agencies and academic institutions
• Demonstrated proficiency with all MS Office applications including word processing, database maintenance and management, e-mail, PowerPoint, and spreadsheets. Additional experience with MS SharePoint is preferred
• Knowledge of graphics and web page layout and design preferred
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally when necessary
To apply, please forward cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and any other relevant application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Program Specialist, R&E” To learn more about Ocean Leadership, please visit www.oceanleadership.org