World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Program Officer for its Washington, D.C. based Climate program. Under the supervision of Director for Climate Risk Management & Resilience, the Program Officer will support the Climate Change Adaptation team through planning, coordination, communication, and implementation of program activities for existing and new partnerships and projects in collaboration with other goals teams, departments and field offices.
* Works with project personnel, grantees, consultants, and others to facilitate coordination, communication, and regular reporting for adaptation and resilience team projects, including but not limited to: ecosystem-based adaptation in Central America; improving country commitments to the Paris Agreement through nature-based approaches to adaptation; and improving planning for sustainable, climate resilient infrastructure.
* Facilitates the development short- and long-term workplans, reports and communications materials for adaptation team projects.
* Conducts research, monitors and analyzes new technical information, policies, tools, and global trends related to climate change adaptation and resilience; landscape-scale spatial planning for biodiversity, ecosystem services, and climate resilient sustainable development; documents learning from projects to inform future adaptation and resilience work.
* Must have either 4 - 6 years of relevant work experience plus a bachelor's degree or 2 years relevant work experience plus an advanced degree in natural resource management, conservation, or in landscape or regional planning . Candidate's prior work experience must be in fields relevant to biodiversity conservation, ecosystem services assessment, or landscape and/or regional planning.
* A strong understanding of international conservation, climate, and sustainable development issues, especially climate risk management and climate resilience; experience in systems thinking and spatial planning is desired
* Excellent organizational skills
* Strong research and analytical skills
* Strong communications skills, both written and public speaking
* Strong project management skills
* Ability to operate with independence, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments
* Good interpersonal skills
* Ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide range of individuals, possibly across cultures and time zones
* Prior study or work experience in developing countries, along with cross-cultural competence is highly desired
* Foreign language skills preferred: in particular in Spanish, French or Portuguese
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/2ccdbs5zm55hjpfq