The Alabama Wildlife Federation, a 501c3 non-profit and the states oldest and largest citizen’s conservation organization, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of AWF Communications Specialist. The candidate hired for this position will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for planning and implementing successful, integrated social media communication strategies to increase the overall effectiveness of the organization. The position will require the successful candidate to:
• Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of AWF’s mission, objectives, philosophy, approach, and ongoing activities.
• Effectively lead articulation of AWF’s vision, mission, goals, positions, and actions to a broad constituency through an integrated multimedia strategy, including web, e-news, social media avenues, press releases and relations.
Specific duties include:
1. Manager of all web and e-newsletter activities using a custom content management system.
2. Social Media posts for multiple accounts and platforms.
3. Manager of press relations, press release activities, and press coverage
4. Point person for IT support management
• B. S. degree from a four-year college
• Demonstrated training or experience with website management and social media in a manner beneficial to business/organization promotion
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill
• Excellent people skills
• Ability to work as a team player
• Understanding of and interest in AWF’s wildlife and natural resource conservation mission
• Natural resource background/interest preferred
• Hunting/Angling background/interest preferred
1. Starting salary range: $32,000 - $36,000; commensurate with education and experience
2. Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance
3. Life Insurance
4. Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
5. SIMPLE Plan upon eligibility
Send via email, a one-page letter of application along with a resume to:
Tim L. Gothard, Executive Director
Alabama Wildlife Federation
3050 Lanark Road
Millbrook, Alabama 36054
For more information regarding the Alabama Wildlife Federation, visit the AWF website at www.alabamawildlife.org
Specific questions and or requests for additional information regarding the Communications Specialist position should be directed to Tim L. Gothard through the appropriate contact methods provided above.
Deadline for Submittals: Open until filled