Executive Director: MN State Horticultural SocietySaint Paul MN
MINNESOTA STATE HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY
The Minnesota State Horticultural Society (MSHS), with headquarters in Roseville, Minnesota, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit membership organization that provides education and resources to northern gardeners in the United States. The organization celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2016. MSHS offers classes year-round on gardening subjects. MSHS currently has 10,000 members and subscribers to its publication. Its mission is “to grow cold-climate gardeners through education, encouragement, and community.”
Reporting to MSHS’s Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) leads a team of staff to ensure the effectiveness and sustainability of all programs, projects, and services. The ED also helps the organization achieve its mission in partnership with aligned organizations.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Strategic Leadership and Communication
- Financial Planning and Management
- Operational Planning and Management
- Human Resources Planning and Management
- Relationship Management
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, nonprofit management, horticulture, or related field is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Four or more years managerial or supervisory experience in a nonprofit organization.
- Five or more years experience in horticultural, green industry, or member organizations.
- Successful track record of fundraising through a mix of philanthropy, individual donors, corporate sponsorships, and government.
- Commitment to and passion for successful gardening in the northern climate.
- Ability to quickly make meaningful connections in the green industry at the individual and organizational levels.
- Commitment and ability to be an engaging ambassador and advocate for MSHS with key industry, community, and academic leaders.
- Knowledge of publishing print and electronic media a plus.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with partner organizations.
- Program planning, development, implementation, management, and evaluation.
- Proven administrative competence in areas such as financial management, budgeting, marketing, technology, planning, and goal setting.
- Ability to recruit, retain, and develop staff and volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly strong oral communication and presentation.
The salary range for this position is $70K-$85K, and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, MSHS offers a very strong and attractive state benefit package.
The organization will begin reviewing applications July 1, 2020. Cincinnatus invites interested candidates to send an electronic letter of introduction and résumé to https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/480f5def181c48a9a5c79ca311cd21e4 (preferred).
Candidates may also email their application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail a hard copy to Employment, Cincinnatus, 2021 East Hennepin Avenue, Suite 220, Minneapolis, MN 55413.
A full Position Announcement can be found at https://www.Cincinnatus.com.