Do you care about the environment? We do too. At the Georges River Land Trust, we protect the most beautiful places in Maine. We also love getting outdoors and creating new ways for people to connect with nature. We’re a growing non-profit in Rockland, right in the heart of Maine’s extraordinary Midcoast region, and we’re seeking a motivated fundraiser to join our team.
Here’s where you come in: as the development director you’ll lead a crew of enthusiastic staff and volunteers as we grow our base of support. It’s about building relationships, connecting with people who also care about the environment, and by helping them make a difference, you’ll make a difference too.
The development director will:
• Collaborate with the executive director and development committee on fostering donor relationships, and soliciting major gifts.
• Oversee multi-faceted initiatives including membership drives, planned giving, annual appeals, outreach, and develop ways to increase funding.
• Keep in touch with our supporters through the press, website and social media, and increase our visibility in the community.
• Get grants. Leverage a relevant mission and compelling youth programs into funding opportunities for grant makers.
• Take a hike. Really! Fundraising is challenging but it’s all worthwhile when you go out and experience our trails and preserves and get to share them with others.
The development director brings:
• An outgoing, and people-oriented approach and the ability to inspire and support success in others.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, and 5+ years of fundraising or related experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
Are you ready to test and grow your fundraising skills? To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Meg Rasmussen, Executive Director at Meg@grlt.org.
Please mention how you learned of this opening.