Requisition ID: 1035
The San Antonio River Authority (River Authority) proudly recruits and employs resourceful and dependable people who strive to meet our mission. We are a character-based organization strongly rooted in the belief of hiring, retaining and developing employees whose actions are predictably right.
MEETING PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for planning, developing, and executing media and community relations projects, activities, events, and materials related to special projects designed to drive awareness of the San Antonio River Authority and promote the advancement of the agency, mission, and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Provide project related communications, public relations and event support.
• Execute all aspects of special project strategic media relations; leveraging existing relationships with reporters and outlets on behalf of the agency and building new media relationships; proactively engaging media on a regular basis.
• Secure and staff interviews; developing timely ideas and moving pitches from concept to coverage.
• Create and execute all aspects of project related press conferences including securing location and speakers, developing agenda, invitations, and talk points.
• Working with Brand and Visual Communications Specialist, develop project marketing materials for events, mobile app, digital and social media.
• Maintain and enhance project related social media presence and engagement.
• Develop and maintain project related web content.
• Create content and produce videos to promote special projects to be used on multiple platforms including social media and website.
• Develop and distribute project related weekly email and webpage updates.
• Support all project related sub-committee and public meetings.
• Executes timely project related photo shoots for distribution and archival purposes.
• Ensures the River Authority’s strategic goals, project requirements, deadlines, budget, and quality standards are maintained.
• Coordinates with the public and community groups on projects originating from both internal and external to the River Authority and works directly with members of the public and community groups on projects, which enhances the image of the agency and advances the River Authorities objectives.
• Serves, periodically, as the River Authority’s spokesperson in media interviews and to the general public under the direction of the Brand and Public Communications Manager.
• Oversees coordination of project related social media activities, including but not limited to websites, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Blog, YouTube, and other social media activities.
• Participates in activities to promote the River Authority and special projects, and provides technical assistance in conducting conferences, seminars, and workshops.
• Delivers presentations, writes articles, and presents information for the River Authority at community events, public meetings, conventions or other public relations activities.
• Proposes problem-solving actions to manage crisis situations as appropriate.
• Supports the planning, project development, project operation elements, and strategic initiatives related to the River Authority’s mission.
• All other duties as assigned.
The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
This position does not directly supervise any employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
An Undergraduate Degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis in Communications, Public Relations, Public Administration, Public Policy, or Political Science, or relevant discipline and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in community, public, and/or intergovernmental relations; or a combination of experience and education that results in the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is required.
Knowledge and experience of principles of effective communications and use of mass media, marketing, and community relations experience; ability to effectively organize and manage time efficiently; knowledge of web and social media techniques; ability to exercise initiative, independent judgment, tact, and diplomacy in a variety of public contact situations; ability to apply journalistic writing, grammar, editing, proofreading, and interviewing principles, such as found within the Associated Press Stylebook; ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information, and recommend courses of action to be taken; and computer proficiency in the current Microsoft Office package is required.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
LANGUAGE AND REASONING SKILLS:
Ability to provide excellent customer service; ability to understand written or oral instructions; read, analyze and interpret documents, instruction manuals, policies, and procedures is essential. Strong interpersonal skills are essential to maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, agency representatives, civic groups, employees, and members of the general public. Must have experience in successfully directing, coordinating, and supervising the accomplishment of tasks by others. Must have excellent technical writing and report preparation skills. The ability to work effectively and efficiently, under sometimes stressful conditions, to ensure deadlines are met is essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is largely sedentary; must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time and intermittently walk, climb, balance, bend, crouch, and reach while performing office duties. Regularly and safely lifts, carries, and handles supplies and equipment weighing at least 20 pounds. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 30 pounds approximately 15 feet.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Work is typically performed in a well-lit and adequately heated and ventilated office environment and requires observance of safe work practices, fire regulations, and avoidance of falls, trips, and similar office work hazards. Occasionally, work is performed outdoors when visiting work sites and projects.
The stress level for this position is moderate and the workload may require this position to work non-traditional hours other than regular schedule, including nights and weekends; must be able to travel occasionally within and outside of the district to ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner. Must be able to perform in a small but highly professional team-oriented environment.
Must be able to function in a principle-based organization that has a culture built on character and River Authority Core Values of Stewardship, Integrity, and Excellence.
For additional information and to apply, click here