The PV System Estimator / Engineer Design position plays a key role in supporting the Engineering and Estimating department with preliminary and final system designs, project estimating, and post project completion documentation. This position works closely with other members of the Engineering and Estimating teams to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner and without flaws.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Learn/Understand basic grid tied photovoltaic system design
• Prepare one line electrical drawings for preliminary and final system designs, and generate ‘as built’ drawings following system completion
• Prepare site maps that show solar array and major equipment placement
• Use PVWatts and Helioscope solar modeling software along with shading analysis to provide accurate energy production estimates
• Produce price estimates for commercial solar projects
• Work closely with the solar design specialists, assist them on proper design approach and technical guidance.
• Must have strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and set priorities in a high pressure environment
• Must be able to work self-guided in a fast paced and growing environment
• Good at problem solving and great teamwork skills –fostering a positive team environment
• Must bring a positive attitude; thoughtful ideas for growth of company are encouraged
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and other commonly used software, including internet and email
• Must have good oral and written communication skills
• Flexibility – adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes with change.
• Proactive – acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the process and procedures
Required Licenses or Additional Qualifcations
• Competence in PV systems
• Working knowledge of Google Sketch Up, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project
• Four-year college degree – Engineering background preferred
• Regularly operates computer and phone