Avangrid Renewables is seeking to fill a Wind Plant Technician opening to support the Juniper Canyon facility located in Bickleton, Washington. This position is responsible for the onsite operations, maintenance, repairs and replacement of equipment on a wind powered generation plant, and leads in all areas of plant operations as directed by the Plant Manager.
• Operate and maintain wind turbines and associated wind plant equipment, including substation and tower switchgear.
• Read schematics to troubleshoot complicated mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic problems with variable pitch, variable speed control systems and components.
• Perform mechanical and electrical component repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions following all manufacturers' requirements.
• Comply with all project environmental health and safety programs.
• Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with OEM maintenance manuals.
• Adhere to effective internal controls.
• Perform data collection and prepare reports to meet wind plant reporting requirements.
• One year college or technical school certificate; or 12 months of related experience or wind industry training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
• Ability to climb 80 meter steel towers on a daily basis to perform maintenance in the nacelle and hub.
• Ability to frequently lift items weighing 1 to 60 pounds and occasionally lift items from 61 to 100 pounds.
• Advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and reporting systems, including the use of computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
• Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Possession of comprehensive writing skills to meet contractual reporting obligations.
• Willing to work overtime on holidays, weekends, and on short notice. Participates in an on-call schedule.
• Ability to work in extremely adverse weather conditions.
• Ability to work around low and medium voltage.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Weight must not exceed 285 lbs excluding equipment/gear worn when performing job related tasks.
• Knowledge of heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements.
• Familiarity with maintenance and electronic testing equipment. (i.e. voltage testers, amp clamps, oscilloscopes, megohmmeters, infrared testers, hydraulic torque equipment, alignment and various hand and power tools.)
• Willingness and desire to increase professional knowledge of turbine equipment, including safety regulations. May require travel to other wind sites within U.S.
• If selected for an interview, candidates will be asked to review the Functional Job Analysis requirements for this job.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
• Experience in power plant operations and maintenance.
• Experience in wind plant operations and turbine experience; including specific experience in wind turbine power converters
• Experience in high voltage switching.
• Qualified candidates living in or near the greater local area.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam, background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law.