At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide technical direction and guidance to site operations and maintenance staff for assigned discipline. The position involves system and equipment troubleshooting, root cause analysis, performance monitoring, and defining outage work and maintenance priorities. Disciplines include: boiler / aux, steam turbine / rotating equipment, I&C, electrical, pollution control and thermal performance. Other duties may include SRCM and chemistry depending on location.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide technical support to Wind operations and maintenance
- Provide system / component troubleshooting and root cause analysis investigation
- Define outage work scope and assemble engineering work packages as necessary
- Prepare reports, procedures and proposals as required
- Works with central based Program and Reliability Engineers towards improving system and component reliability and cost effectiveness
- Prepare capital project justification, installation oversight, and acceptance testing oversight
- Interface with plant asset OEM's to optimize equipment material condition and incorporate recommendations
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BS in engineering with 6+ years professional experience
- Knowledge of applicable discipline codes and standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Products
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt certification
- FLS experience
- PE License
- MS or MBA
- CAD experience
- Knowledge of electrical, hydraulics, controls, PLC
Position reports to Manager of Operations and Maintenance
Provides engineering support to on-site staff for issues relating to a) overall facility and individual turbine operational performance, b) facility infrastructure, including substations, collection systems, communication systems, roads, etc.
Develops models and monitors facility operating statistics as compared to expected performance and identifies and addresses positive and negative operational trends.
Assists management information and on-site operating staff with technical and quality issues.
Reviews progress and effectiveness of maintenance scheduling and planning.
Acts as on-the-ground point of contact for the operational excellence, best practices, and SOP programs
Works closely with Technical Manager and corresponding Asset Manager
Interfaces with engineering, accounting, and development staff and other individuals both inside and outside the company as required.
Participates in technical and HSE audits and reviews