For nearly 30 years, AWS Truepower’s passion for innovation and commitment to providing the highest levels of integrity to our clients and colleagues has made our company into an international leader in renewable energy consultancy services. We offer an exciting working environment in a rapidly growing industry, competitive salaries and excellent benefits. We have offices in Barcelona, Spain; Bangalore, India; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Mexico City, Mexico, San Diego, CA, and Albany, NY USA.
This position will lead and support diverse assignments for solar energy projects spanning a range of utility scale and distributed generation projects. Responsibilities will include leveraging technical and leadership experience to enhance and further the company offerings within the solar energy industry. This role will entail interaction with our clients who range from utilities, energy project developers, financial community members, government agencies, and other organizations. Other responsibilities include participation in relevant industry groups to represent our company in industry forums in a thought leadership role as well as increase knowledge of technical, standards and regulatory issues. Requires close collaboration with AWS Truepower management team and providing strategic planning and business development support across multiple international markets.
• Solar system design reviews.
• Site assessments & inspections
• Bankable energy estimates and PVsyst modeling
• Operating systems performance reviews, technology evaluation and risk assessment
• EPC evaluation, selection, and monitoring
• Technical report writing
• Utility interconnection and transmission evaluation
• Contract review of EPC, O&M, and performance guarantees
• Operations and maintenance review
• Financial modeling and review
• Standards and regulatory compliance
• Construction monitoring, equipment commissioning and testing
• Travel to client sites and/or industry trade shows.
• Perform all other duties as they may be assigned.
• Keeping abreast of industry trends and emerging solar technology
• Evaluation of technology innovations and benchmarking industry practices
• Training other team members on the applicable technical standards.
• Close collaboration with AWST clients, providing technical support on projects throughout the U.S. and international markets.
• Close collaboration with AWST management team assisting with strategic planning and business development activities across multiple international markets.
• Ability to gather, organize and interpret data and multi-disciplinary processes, particularly related to engineering, meteorological and/or modeling tasks.
• Superior attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong data analysis skills.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with internal and external parties.
• Capable of completing a work schedule that may include time before and beyond regular hours.
• Need to function well in a collaborative and self-directed environment, be self-motivated, and balance multiple projects while working under tight deadlines.
• Ability to treat all applicable information as confidential.
BS in Engineering: advanced degree is preferred with a minimum of 5 years previous experience in a Solar PV industry role.
• Ability to work remotely or in an office environment at least 8 hours per day.
• Ability to travel and attend off-site, events on occasion and in relation to job responsibilities.
• Ability to perform office duties which may require lifting files, supplies, and other objects weighing up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
• Ability to use computers for work, including text documents, email, spreadsheets, Internet research, etc.
• Communication skills sufficient to conduct regular business activities as defined in the position responsibilities.
• Ability to read and interpret various procedures, policies, and safety information.
Location: This position will be located in Albany, NY. Remote working may be considered.
Travel: Travel will be required up to 25% Current driver's license required and capability to complete necessary travel, including to foreign countries.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience. This full-time, exempt position includes full company benefits.
AWS Truepower is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, military status, genetic predisposition, or any other basis protected by law.