Array Technologies, Inc. is the global leader in solar tracking and experiencing explosive growth built on our best-in-class technology and dynamic team. Array is seeking highly skilled, self-motivated people who want to accelerate the world’s adoption of clean and economical energy. If you meet these criteria please consider the company that has been leading the solar energy revolution for 27 years.
The Associate Director of Project Management will lead a fast paced and dynamic project management team which provides excellent technical field service for Array’s customers within the US and is rapidly calibrating to additionally serve our explosive international growth. The Associate Director of Project Management is responsible for supporting department and company initiatives and will be expected to serve as lead on a varied portfolio of high visibility projects with many stakeholders and sometimes competing priorities. Additionally, the Associate Director will lead cross functional project teams to drive development, establish execution plans with milestones and deliverables for our many projects and will assure Array and its customers adhere to all necessary governing contracts and project schedules. The Associate Director will assure product changes are managed with customers, best construction practices are communicated, and any customer site issues involving delivery, product design or ease of installation, are promptly addressed by Array staff. The Associate Director will manage and schedule the PM team in the best interests of the company and will be the primary interface between the customers’ field construction teams and Array’s senior management. This is a highly visible and influential position within the company. This position is full-time and exempt. Pay is DOE.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise Array Project Managers and ensure all jobs are installed with the highest customer satisfaction. Define the projects’ objectives, coordinate, and maintain each project throughout its life cycle.
• Coordinate PM team priorities according to varying project demands to ensure proper coverage for domestic customers as well as a growing international client base.
• Develop and execute project management plans in accordance with contract specifications and attending to all associated parties including company departments such as, sales, engineering, logistics, supply chain, quality, cost control, shipping, and commissioning.
• Meet customers and maintain excellent working relationships with them. Resolve difficult customer issues as they arise.
• Collect and provide field product performance feedback to Array management. Ensure accuracy of project data that feeds into business information tools for updates to senior managers including data that is reviewed by the CEO and Board.
• Assure PM team properly follows set protocol and procedures, as well as evaluate and implement mechanisms to continuously improve PM team performance and implementation to an ISO 9000 standard.
• Acquire resources and coordinate efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan and contract specifications.
• Represent PM team and customer interests in Weekly Change Control Board and Material Review Board meetings.
• Identify, analyze, monitor, and control project risks and report to management.
• Effectively and efficiently communicate with management and members of all teams involved in project, including shipping, logistics, bookkeeping, and others.
• Assure contracts, purchase orders, sales orders, and invoices are in agreement and projects develop accordingly.
• Travel to sites up to 30% of time.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated experience in managing a busy project management team. Ability to delegate to appropriate team members and ensure deadline commitments are met or exceeded.
• Must be very knowledgeable and have a track record of success in leading project initiatives in foreign locations.
• Prefer background in construction or manufacturing with strong process orientation and customer service bias.
• Strong prioritization and effective communication required.
• Strong experience in Bill of Materials, routing, work instructions, and construction management systems.
• Experience in heavy equipment, construction, automotive, agricultural, or similar industry a plus.
• Experience with ERP systems, utilizing data metrics to improve performance.
• International experience required.
• Must have strong financial analysis skills (due diligence, measures of performance — of customers and within the company).
• Utility solar experience a plus
• Experience as a Project Manager on multi-million dollar projects a plus.
• Computer skills, including Excel, Word, MS Project.
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
Education and Experience
• 7-10 years manufacturing and 3+ years of project management experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• PMP certification a plus
For more information and to apply: http://www.arraytechinc.com/careers/
Please mention how you learned of this opening.